2012 draft grades as of right now?

polarbill1999

Reaction score
I am not sure if this has been talked about recently but if draft grades where handed out today is there a team that had a better draft than seattle?

The redskins did very well for themselves with RG3, Cousins and Morris.

Can anybody else say they ended up with as much production out of this draft as the Seahawks?

1st round-Irvin-at 8 sacks now and could finish with about 10.
2nd round-Wagner-Defensive rookie of the year cantidate playing MLB for the hawks.
3rd round-Wilson-Offensive ROY cantidate and has helped lead the team to a 9-5 record and likely a playoff berth.
4th round-Turbin-a real solid back up RB who has nearly 500 all purpose yards. This is pretty great considering he is backing up the 2nd leading rusher in the NFL.
4th round-Jaye Howard-backup DT who I am not sure has done anything. still on the team though.
5th-Toomer-cut then added to practice squad. IS he still on the PS?
6th round-Jeremy lane-Long CB that has played really well on ST and played some at CB this last week.
6th round-Winston Guy-Not sure he has done much but still on the active roster. Special team contributor?
7th round-JR Sweezy-college DT that has started a game or 2 at Guard for the hawks and is a backup right now.
7th round-Greg Scruggs-Backup RDE that has played in about 8 games.

They also have quite a few UDFA rookies on the current roster.

Kearse, Fangupo, Rishaw Johnson, McGrath, Shead

My god are we lucky to have the guys in charge we have. This team is close to becoming elite and the future just looks really bright with a very young roster and a bunch of picks in the upcoming draft.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
You make a good point. I'll say this... nobody has gotten better VALUE out of their draft than the Hawks. The Redskins did do well, but they also gave up a lot. In hindsight, it was a good move, because they have a real great building block in their own John Elway, and they also have their Gary Kubiak. They are covered at QB for the next few years for sure (and they could easily flip Cousins for picks in a year or so to get something back since he has looked so good thus far).

But as far as getting the most out of who they got and where... I think the Hawks have dominated. They filled positions they needed to fill, and they did it at the slots they wanted to do it in. They didn't trade up and get Tannehill, so instead they take Irvin, Wagner, Wilson, and Turbin with the picks it would have taken to get Tannehill. So what's a better value? I'd say we win big on that one.

skater18000

Reaction score
1st round-Irvin = A-
2nd round-Wagner = A
3rd round-Wilson = F-
4th round-Turbin = A
4th round-Jaye Howard = B
5th round-Korey Toomer = D-
6th round-Jeremy lane = A-
6th round-Winston Guy = C-
7th round-JR Sweezy A-
7th round-Greg Scruggs = A-

2012 Draft = A

chris98251

Reaction score
If this was moved to the Smack Shack I am damn sure there would be a few enquieries on how the hell Wilson rates a damn F-.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
chris98251":6n6kygol said:
If this was moved to the Smack Shack I am damn sure there would be a few enquieries on how the hell Wilson rates a damn F-.
I'm sure he's being sarcastic...or at least I hope. But then again he said Kam is not hitter tackler or some ish.