Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Margus Hunt
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:58 am 
NET Starter

Check out this dude 6'8" 275 lbs, 36" vertical, 4.6 40 time that is insane. He's like a more athletic Ansah. He's 25 already though so that's kind of a downer for him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margus_Hunt

Post subject: Re: Margus Hunt
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:00 pm 
* NET Nobody *

Cro-Magnan man! Arms look a little skinny, not sure if that means anything

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:26 am 
* Mr Random Thought *

Consider me intrigued. But not for the reasons you might think.

Watch these videos of him and tell me he doesn't look like a natural born offensive tackle for Tom Cable's system.

He plays a DE/DT hybrid, but his long arms, raw power and ability to mirror all look the part of an elite offensive tackle. Honestly I wouldn't mind trying him out at DL, but I think his future could be very bright at offensive tackle. He does need to bulk up a lot to play OL, but remember that Cable loves ultra tall types with low body weight. He doesn't need to hit 325, 300 could be enough with his athleticism.

Does Tom Cable use twitter? (edit: there was a (fake?) Tom Cable twitter feed from his Raider days. Too funny to be real probably).

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:56 am 
NET Starter

kearly wrote:
Consider me intrigued. But not for the reasons you might think.

Watch these videos of him and tell me he doesn't look like a natural born offensive tackle for Tom Cable's system.

He plays a DE/DT hybrid, but his long arms, raw power and ability to mirror all look the part of an elite offensive tackle. Honestly I wouldn't mind trying him out at DL, but I think his future could be very bright at offensive tackle. He does need to bulk up a lot to play OL, but remember that Cable loves ultra tall types with low body weight. He doesn't need to hit 325, 300 could be enough with his athleticism.

Does Tom Cable use twitter? (edit: there was a (fake?) Tom Cable twitter feed from his Raider days. Too funny to be real probably).

Awesome videos Kearly thanks.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:03 am 
NET Starter

Still would like him or Ansah to play the LEO in our Defense. Either one would be a bigger more athletic Clemons. I really like Magnus's effort in the Pitt film and he looks a lot more polished and better in that game than the A&M game.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:05 am 
NET Veteran

Did you guys watch him in the Hawaii Bowl?

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaam

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:02 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

Hmm, call me underwhelmed. What I saw was a guy that seemed slow off the line, slow to recognize the play, was easily contained by the Offensive player, was unable to shed blocks and tried to arm tackle a lot.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:19 pm 
NET Starter

Yeah i wasn't to impressed either. Didn't see much explosion from him at all.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:50 pm 
* NET Nobody *

I can't put my finger on it, but there just seems to be something that is off with him. Maybe it's the lack of experience.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]