Alex Okafor, where's he projected?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
5 sacks tonight against the Beavers. Is he projected to be a high draft pick as well? He'd look pretty good in blue and green.

kearly

Reaction score
He looks the part of an NFL DE. When they said "second or 3rd round pick" on the broadcast I kind of took a double take. At least physically, he looks like a guy that should be a lock for at least the late 1st.

Not sure if he fits the part here in Seattle though- unless he can play DT.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm with ya - when they said 2nd or 3rd my jaw dropped a bit.

However, that same network listed the Syracuse QB as a potential 1st rounder. And, he looked like Locker, with less athleticism and without playing for Sark for 2 years. I.e., 5th rounder, tops.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Coulda been more a product of a bad Oregon State O-line. He's rated #6 DE on CBS Sports Draft board and #8 DE on ESPN. Not super fast...probably doesn't fit as LEO in our scheme. But he may be pretty good for someone.

Throwdown

Reaction score
His build kinda reminds me of Jason Jones...

Alex okafor
120530jones400.jpg

So maybe he's the long term answer for Jones' position?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Someone called Nassib a first round pick during a broadcast? Wow. That's pretty funny.

Thing with Okafor is... where the hell was this during the season? I've watched Texas games where he's been anonymous. It looked like Justin Smith was holding for him against Oregon State - they couldn't stop him. He looked like a top ten pick. But then he looked nowhere near this good during the season. He can't turn it on when it suits. Amazing physical potential but would've been good to see a degree of consistency.

pehawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3g3a5p20 said:
Thing with Okafor is... where the hell was this during the season? I've watched Texas games where he's been anonymous. It looked like Justin Smith was holding for him against Oregon State - they couldn't stop him. He looked like a top ten pick. But then he looked nowhere near this good during the season. He can't turn it on when it suits. Amazing physical potential but would've been good to see a degree of consistency.

The above can be written for any Texas draft prospect. Texas is the NEW THE Ohio State University.