Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Teams in need of quarterbacks.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:07 pm 
NET Veteran

pehawk wrote:
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
There is no chance Flynn will be traded for a second round pick. Pipe dream.

Yeah? I said no way Ponder would ever be drafted in the 1st round too. Throw reason OUT when dealing with QB desperate GM's clammoring for their livlihoods.

Atsright, Schneider will undoubtedly get some phone calls about Flynns availability, as there are some slim pickings in the upcoming draft for Quality Quarterbacks.
The fact that Schneider will be right up there with great talent evaluator status, Flynns Value will just make sense for some needy HCs/GMs eh?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:37 am 
* Mr Random Thought *

SeatownJay wrote:
kearly wrote:
You didn't mention Cleveland, but new regimes mean new QBs. Maybe Cleveland moves up and forces a team like Arizona, Oakland, or Buffalo to look outside the draft for QB help.

I didn't mention Cleveland because Weeden showed flashes and I think they'll give him a shot with a coach that actually knows how to handle & teach QBs.

Weeden posted something like a -200 DYAR this year, and he turns 30 next season. New regime, new coach, high pick. I think it's a very strong possibility that they ditch a 30 year old bad QB with little NFL experience from a previous regime in favor of Barkley/Smith/Wilson. If they stick with Weeden for one more year, stranger things have happened, but Weeden wasn't a good QB this past season, even by rookie standards, and most of the NFL did not grade him in the first round. It would be somewhat analogous to Carolina passing on Newton in favor of Clausen just because Clausen was a high pick the year before.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:49 am 
* 17Power Blogger *

Weeden isn't nearly as bad as Clausen.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:20 am 
* NET Philistine *

I'm surprised people are still this down on Barkley. He's a player a franchise can get excited about drafting, and for the new GMs around the league, they're going to want to go that kind of route even if it is potentially too safe.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]