Kansas City is on the clock.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
QB is their biggest need but I don't see one in the draft worth the #1 overall pick. Maybe they go defense and grab a QB with their 2nd round pick.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pioli will try to trade back and collect picks if he is still there. That in itself is a big question.

pehawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3q0wl3ol said:
Pioli will try to trade back and collect picks if he is still there. That in itself is a big question.

I think that could be the problem. That's a VERY talented roster. And, VERY young. They've been that for awhile.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
QB. There's not a good enough player who sticks out as a #1 pick at any position. So just go for the best QB available and feel comfortable with that position. They have a decent roster, just need 'the guy'. And for me, it's still Barkley. Still the best QB in this class. And they have enough of a supporting cast that he could manage them to be competitive in the AFC West.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Barkley. Like English says. There will be rumors of all kinds of stupid shit for months, and then they will take Barkley.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Scottemojo":16pp0rwv said:
Barkley. Like English says. There will be rumors of all kinds of stupid shit for months, and then they will take Barkley.

It's funny that after what has generally been considered a pretty poor season for Barkley which has seen his decision to stay at College largely derided, that he has a good chance still to fulfil what was, most likely, one of his main goals when making the decision to go back to USC: to be the #1 pick.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I think it's incredibly silly, some of the things people are talking about regarding Barkley. I get the people who never rated him (although I fundamentally disagree with their take). But to hammer him this year having previously touted him as the #1 pick? Did these people watch USC this year? The entire defense was a joke. Kiffin spent more time being a total wanker to the media and playing silly mind-games than actually doing his job. Kiffin deserves complete blame for that shambles this year at SC.

Barkley had almost the same TD's as last year. He had a few more picks, but then had a similar volume increase in sacks playing behind a much weaker offensive line. He wasn't faultless and had bad games. But some of the stuff written about him is silly. Ultimately you know what you're going to bet from Matt Barkley. What he lacks physically he'll make up for technically.

SilNWest

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1wp2p5x1 said:
I think it's incredibly silly, some of the things people are talking about regarding Barkley. I get the people who never rated him (although I fundamentally disagree with their take). But to hammer him this year having previously touted him as the #1 pick? Did these people watch USC this year? The entire defense was a joke. Kiffin spent more time being a total wanker to the media and playing silly mind-games than actually doing his job. Kiffin deserves complete blame for that shambles this year at SC.

Barkley had almost the same TD's as last year. He had a few more picks, but then had a similar volume increase in sacks playing behind a much weaker offensive line. He wasn't faultless and had bad games. But some of the stuff written about him is silly. Ultimately you know what you're going to bet from Matt Barkley. What he lacks physically he'll make up for technically.

I became a fan pretty late to college football, how did Kiffin even get the HC job at USC when Pete left? I remember he was a big deal when he went to Tennessee, but Tennessee wasn't even any good when he was the coach for that one year... Why was he considered such a great coach? What program did he build his name with?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Basically his reputation goes before him. He was part of the USC powerhouse Carroll built and his dad is Monte Kiffin. That's about it. He was a failure in Oakland (not the first, mind), spent a year pissing off other coaches in the SEC with Tennessee talking smack, all while winning nothing. And now at USC he's wasted a year of incredible offensive talent. They really should be looking for a new HC.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Personally I think Barkley is never going to be above average in the NFL. And in my defense I thought that after last year as well.

kearly

Reaction score
Probably, Erebus.

Barkley will do well for a team like KC. They can give him run support and have some talent to work with around that roster. They are almost as fraudulent a 2-14 team as Indy was last year.

In terms of the mental side of the game, Barkley is the best of the Pete Carroll era QBs from USC. He has great footwork and mechanics too. I think he will hit the ground running in 2013 and have a better statistical rookie season than Luck did.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Erebus":10kdktxs said:
Isnt that because you're a Ducks fan?

Nope. I've seen him put up huge yardage and have great games against the Ducks, so if anything that would make me think more highly of him. He played way better against the Ducks twice then Andrew Luck ever did, and i was hugely high on Luck. I would also gladly give up my first child for the Seahawks to get Marquise Lee. So being a Ducks fan, and disliking USC has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion.

Its because I dont feel he's very good when he's pressured. I dont think he has a huge arm (although its certainly not weak). I dont think he's athletic enough to avoid the rush. And I think he benefits hugely from having the 2 best playmakers at WR in the country. He also throws some absolutely bonehead interceptions that junior high QB's shouldnt throw.

I'm not saying he'll be a bad quarterback. I dont think he'll be Matt Leinart or Mark Sanchez or anything. I just dont think he'll be as good as any of the big 3 rookie QB's this year and will most likely never make a probowl.

pehawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":5c1i0rr0 said:
Erebus":5c1i0rr0 said:

Nope. I've seen him put up huge yardage and have great games against the Ducks, so if anything that would make me think more highly of him. He played way better against the Ducks twice then Andrew Luck ever did, and i was hugely high on Luck.

Its because I dont feel he's very good when he's pressured. I dont think he has a huge arm (although its certainly not weak). I dont think he's athletic enough to avoid the rush. And I think he benefits hugely from having the 2 best playmakers at WR in the country.

Knock it off with sound reasoning, Akili.

hai

Reaction score
Lets say KC does trade back, who will take the #1; Which player is worthy of the #1 that some teams might trade up for?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":n9wg6eq4 said:
JSeahawks":n9wg6eq4 said:
Erebus":n9wg6eq4 said:

Nope. I've seen him put up huge yardage and have great games against the Ducks, so if anything that would make me think more highly of him. He played way better against the Ducks twice then Andrew Luck ever did, and i was hugely high on Luck.

Its because I dont feel he's very good when he's pressured. I dont think he has a huge arm (although its certainly not weak). I dont think he's athletic enough to avoid the rush. And I think he benefits hugely from having the 2 best playmakers at WR in the country.

Knock it off with sound reasoning, Akili.

I believe i'm more in the Bill Musgrave mold.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
hai":3qu6cyku said:
Lets say KC does trade back, who will take the #1; Which player is worthy of the #1 that some teams might trade up for?
It's a pretty weak upper-tier class. I'd be surprised if anyone traded up for anything but a quarterback, but only if KC finds a qb before the draft and a team fell in love with that player. Otherwise, I'd say KC stays and goes with the upside player in Geno Smith.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I think Barkley can be a good NFL QB provided he has talent around him. I don't think he can carry a team.