Tonights game further conviced me we need Ansah

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think he would be a phenomenal DE and could even play some DT, getting his hands up to tip passes.

Whether we get it through FA, or in the draft, pass rush is our number one need.

kearly

Reaction score
I am pretty skeptical that we'll ever get a good pass rush so long as we have two nose tackles on the field and fail to blitz in support. Getting a better 3-tech will help, but Jason Jones is a lot like Ansah and he didn't make a huge impact this season.

To me it's very simple, either embrace the blitz or trade Bryant. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't expect I will be. No knock on Bryant, he is doing what's asked of him and doing it well, but asking for results with a Red Bryant front four is basically no different than asking for results from a 3 man rush.

When Seattle does blitz, or even shows blitz from enough places, the pass rush is actually really good. The talent is already there. I think Pete (or Bradley) just needs to wake up and using a 3-4 mentality to match their 3-4ish personnel.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'd rather we just re-sign Jones. I think we could get him on the cheap after a down year.

(love the avatar, btw, Kearly. Funny shit! You make that?)

SeatownJay

Reaction score
kearly":rf5cmp74 said:
I am pretty skeptical that we'll ever get a good pass rush so long as we have two nose tackles on the field and fail to blitz in support. Getting a better 3-tech will help, but Jason Jones is a lot like Ansah and he didn't make a huge impact this season.

To me it's very simple, either embrace the blitz or trade Bryant. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't expect I will be. No knock on Bryant, he is doing what's asked of him and doing it well, but asking for results with a Red Bryant front four is basically no different than asking for results from a 3 man rush.

When Seattle does blitz, or even shows blitz from enough places, the pass rush is actually really good. The talent is already there. I think Pete (or Bradley) just needs to wake up and using a 3-4 mentality to match their 3-4ish personnel.
Jones did make a difference when he was on the field. Unfortunately he wasn't healthy enough to be on the field very much for us this year and we didn't have good depth behind him.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Could he really be the Ansah to our pass rushing woes?

Someone had to do it, guys.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":1v47gl23 said:
Could he really be the Ansah to our pass rushing woes?

Someone had to do it, guys.
:pukeface:

:2:

Agree with you kearly that some more blitzing is an approach I'd like to see Pete take.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":5kggcwwa said:
I'd rather we just re-sign Jones. I think we could get him on the cheap after a down year.

(love the avatar, btw, Kearly. Funny shit! You make that?)

No, it was on FieldGulls, he figured out how to resize it though, if I knew how to resign it I would have snapped that up! :)