MTD: Top 100 players

kearly

Reaction score
Just now I came across mocking the draft's top 100 prospects.* Boards change, and there are often players that draftniks undervalue/overvalue this early, but what really struck me looking at this was how awesome that late 1st / early 2nd group is looking. If Ertz/Ogletree/Hopkins/Patterson end up being taken off the board in the 30s and 40s then Seattle is in tremendous shape. Sutton is listed as a mid 3rd, and Murray/Scott weren't listed at all, giving me hope that they could be late round steals for our offense. Micah Hyde wasn't listed either, and I think he's a 2nd round talent that fits our scheme well.

*(They left Coleman off for some reason).

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I think most draft gurus have Coleman returning to Rutgers, so they haven't attempted to really grade him yet.

I like the fact with this top 100 list that Olgetree, Brown, and Greene are still on the board when we're picking. It's early in the draft process but I think all 3 of those linebackers will be possible picks, even if it means we trade down to get the best value out of it (though to be honest, I'm not a huge Olgetree fan).

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I think this list will change. I think they have a ton of guys in the 30-40 range too low, but if I'm wrong and this list proves to be decently accurate, then I'd badly want to see Seattle move up from the bottom of round 2 to the top of it. It would be pretty unreal if we could walk out of the draft with Ogletree/Brown + Hopkins/Ertz.

I think part of what made the 2012 draft so great for Seattle is that for once it fell the way Seattle wanted it to (other than maybe Kendricks). If we get two drafts in a row that fall just right, man. It's fun to think about.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
kearly":1h9ermud said:
I think this list will change. I think they have a ton of guys in the 30-40 range too low, but if I'm wrong and this list proves to be decently accurate, then I'd badly want to see Seattle move up from the bottom of round 2 to the top of it. It would be pretty unreal if we could walk out of the draft with Ogletree/Brown + Hopkins/Ertz.

Surely the Seahawks depth is strong enough now that they should consider trading up for those sort if player if they'll provide an upgrade in a position of need. There aren't as many holes to fill now as there have been in past PCJS drafts, so go get 'em.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Hawkspur":25oy9kxn said:
kearly":25oy9kxn said:

Surely the Seahawks depth is strong enough now that they should consider trading up for those sort if player if they'll provide an upgrade in a position of need. There aren't as many holes to fill now as there have been in past PCJS drafts, so go get 'em.
I agree

GCrow

Reaction score
Been hoping more and more the FO makes some trade ups come draft day. I aint talking NY Jets '09 - where they made 3 total picks - but somehow gaining a second pick ideally in rounds 2 or 3 or making a big move up in one of those rounds. I know the more picks you have the higher chance their is to hit on those picks but i'm getting greedy here and am confident enough in the front office to make the right picks early.

There are a few glaring needs and i'm hopeful we can solve one, the biggest through FA (Pass Rush UT) but if this front office can land 1 or 2 big impact rookies at those other positions like they have shown they can I feel that would put this team over the top going forward, beginning next year.

hai

Reaction score
Hawkspur":enks7xli said:
kearly":enks7xli said:

And like what is the point of drafting more players when you end up cutting them to the 53-man roster or PS them, but our depth is so built up to why not trade up a few spots to get the player they think will upgrade a position, not just a position of need, but any position.