Why Chip Kelly will be more ‘pro-style’ than you think

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Xxx trojans ducks chip kelly 489 4 3 r560

Something I put together today...

LINK: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/notes-why- ... -you-think

People are getting excited about seeing the Oregon Ducks playing the Pittsburgh Steelers. I suspect that won’t ever happen. Kelly will undoubtedly keep some of his concepts – his penchant for speed and a quick tempo offense. But he’ll modify it for the pro’s and do whatever it takes to build a winner. Cleveland aren’t appointing Kelly because they like the Ducks offense or their jersey combo’s. They’re appointing Kelly because he builds teams, gets praised by the best coaches in the NFL and understands you have to adapt to survive.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think his ideal offense would probably look a lot like Seattle's has looked the last few months. Just taking the best parts of a whole bunch of different styles and integrating it into a unique system. Especially if he's able to get an athletic type QB, which I do believe he'll try and do eventually, if not right away. My hope as a Duck fan is that he trades for Dennis Dixon and the two of them can reunite and see what happens.

I do know that Chip loves Barkley as a QB. He's often hinted that he thinks Barkley is better then Luck (at least against Oregon).

I'm excited to see how he does in teh NFL. I'll immediatly become a Browns fan if this deal gets done.

kearly

Reaction score
Honestly I would be pretty surprised if Cleveland didn't try to move up for Geno Smith. They don't have a single QB on their roster that is ideal for read option. Smith and Kelly could be a nice pairing.

But if everything falls through, I'd bet that Darron Thomas might get a roster invite. He knows the offense, he's available, and he's low cost.

Shock2k":2dqki8oy said:
Any Washington fans stoked about this?

I guess. Seen this coming for a long time. Kinda takes the excitement out of it.

That plus Washington is not passing up Oregon any time soon.

kearly

Reaction score
Mandu":2vsi0j9i said:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000122093/Kelly-a-good-fit-for-Browns

Why am I not surprised that Casserly pronounces Oregon "Ore-a-gone"...? I bet he calls Washington "Warshington" also. That guy is seriously old-timey.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Bills interview is already over according to.... the Bills. Sounds like a quick coffee and done. They probably heard how much Cleveland were willing to pay.

I also think if they're going to run read-option Tyler Wilson is a better fit than Geno Smith. In all honesty, there isn't a good first round read-option type and I don't trust E.J. Manuel in rounds 1-5. Smith isn't actually all that great when it comes to mobility. He's not awful like Mallett or whatever, but he's pretty static. Barkley is the classic pocket passer. Wilson is the one with surprisingly quick mobility, but he's not what you'd call a scrambler.

I honestly think he'll play it against what people expect and go flat out pro-style, do what has worked for years in the AFC North. Play great defense. Run the ball. Have a QB that can manage it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Who would the Ducks name as coach if Kelly left?

This is where I'd try to have confidence in USC taking back the Pac 12.. but Lane Kiffin is preventing that one for awhile.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3nkyer1p said:
Who would the Ducks name as coach if Kelly left?

This is where I'd try to have confidence in USC taking back the Pac 12.. but Lane Kiffin is preventing that one for awhile.

Offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich is going to be elevated to head coach. From what ive heard Chip Kelly will not be bringing any of Oregon's assistant coaches wtih him, which is huge, as I believe Oregon has the best coaching staff in the country, and definatly the most stable.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Apparently the Browns have run out of patience and will continue their search minus Kelly.

He's in danger of looking like a complete cock tease. It's not a good look.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Sounding like Kelly is leaning towards coming back to UO. Though it's a fluid situation, but I expect something more concrete in the next day or so.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I get the impression Kelly wants more authority than the Browns are willing to concede. I think he wants a Carroll deal.

Latest posts