Tyrann Mathieu

BamKam

Reaction score
I kind of hope the Hawks nab him in the 3rd/4th round.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I kind of hope they grab him as a free agent and get his head on straight. He's got amazing skills, but he's a real dummy at times. Hopefully for his own sake he gets his life in order. I hate it how when I say that people say "All he did was smoke pot, blah blah blah". I think the problem is that he has no ability to do what he's supposed to. I could care less if people smoke pot. None of my business. But the rules going in said he was expected to do certain things and not allowed to do others. He could never seem to get that message even when it became painfully clear that he was jeopardizing his future. Arrest records follow you. He may have cost himself the chance to even get a job at a grocery store or something similar because they worry about people being around money and merchandise and having a record. He just isn't able to control himself enough to do what he knows he has to, and that is what is troublesome.

I don't think he gets drafted. Burfict didn't get drafted and didn't have half the problems this guy has, but has been a really good NFL player. Teams just aren't so willing to take a risk with a draft pick on a guy that has serious issues. You'd seriously be fine with using a draft pick equivalent to what we used to get Russell Wilson and Robert Turbin for a guy who can't keep his life straight for more than a week at a time? I sure wouldn't. 7th round or free agent? Sure. Other than that? Too risky. Let the Cowboys take him in the first and deal with the headache.

kearly

Reaction score
He's a CB who stands 5'9". He got kicked off his team, and that wasn't the end of his troubles either. I don't expect Seattle to have any interest.

If Seattle wanted a stud CB with some significant off the field concerns, then they would have grabbed Jimmy Smith or Janoris Jenkins either of the last two years. Both were prospects who were much more talented than where they were drafted (especially Jenkins).