Fieldgulls: DEs revisited

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
To say Margus Hunt hasn't put up enough "swatted passes" and not even mention his 82 inch wingspan and his 17 career blocked kicks (10 FGs, 7 PATs), which ties for second in NCAA history (record is 19) is dumb. He will be on display at the Senior bowl and we all need to be sure and focus on his play. He's maybe a possible Seahawk pick in round 2 or 3. JS/PC like "long" and "physical freaks".

Another "statistically abnormal" player that may be available in middle/later rounds is Keith Pough, OLB, 6-2, 236, Howard University. His record career total of **83 TACKLES-FOR-LOSS** are pretty unreal, even at a small school. See UTUBE highlights tape (just through his junior year) Note that this guy plays way faster than his straight line speed would suggest, instints and lateral quickness are evident. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU8XCNIpDGE

Q. Smith in rounds 5, 6 or 7 would make some sense, he looks fairly decent.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
The guy who wrote that is a character to say the least.

Sent me some tweets a few weeks ago boasting about how he had a natural flair for scouting because all of Seattle's draft picks last year were on his 'big board'. Completely out of the blue.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
That was a great article. Really Intrigued by Smith in the later rounds. He only lists at 249, but by the look of him he could carry another twenty pounds at 6'5".

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":ln2943v0 said:
Smith tore his ACL in November.

Yeah, I read that in the article. Still wouldn't mind using a seventh rounder on him. The nine month time range puts him back in August. If he recovered in six months we would have him in May. With the new injured reserve rules I would take the risk.

OP
OP
Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":2pzscw10 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2pzscw10 said:
Smith tore his ACL in November.

Yeah, I read that in the article. Still wouldn't mind using a seventh rounder on him. The nine month time range puts him back in August. If he recovered in six months we would have him in May. With the new injured reserve rules I would take the risk.

If you're using a 7th round pick as a flyer anyway, might as well go for it in the late rounds. Though, if PC and JS can get him as a UDFA, they'll go that route if they want him I'm thinking.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Meh. I don't get the hub-bub over Field Gulls. I'm not saying I'm a great writer or anything, but everybody says the folks there are, and I just see them as another fan site, with different backgrounds than this place and a format that is meant to seem intelligent and drive away non-kool-aid drinkers to what they're serving.

This isn't just a rip on the site... I meant that article in particular was just not that interesting or persuasive.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
SharkHawk":i17kma7t said:
Meh. I don't get the hub-bub over Field Gulls. I'm not saying I'm a great writer or anything, but everybody says the folks there are, and I just see them as another fan site, with different backgrounds than this place and a format that is meant to seem intelligent and drive away non-kool-aid drinkers to what they're serving.

This isn't just a rip on the site... I meant that article in particular was just not that interesting or persuasive.

Danny Kelly does good work and Derrick Stephens is good during the draft season. Everyone else is pretty mediocre, IMO.

OP
OP
Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SharkHawk":35psx2ak said:

This is the first I've linked to one of their articles, actually. With a lot of the talk about defensive ends in the forum, it seemed appropriate.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Milliciah looked pretty good in his Bowl game. Certainly got my attention. Nothing splashy, but a "good, steady performer."

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":20bvzzgs said:
SharkHawk":20bvzzgs said:

This is the first I've linked to one of their articles, actually. With a lot of the talk about defensive ends in the forum, it seemed appropriate.

No knock on you. I appreciate the info. I just didn't think it was really persuasive. It seemed like he was even sort of waffling in the article. An actual article should leave you walking away from it saying, "THIS IS NOW MY OPINION" not, "I am still where I was before or I still am just not convinced at all....". This article didn't change my mind. Maybe I'm being hard headed, but usually I'm a pretty easily persuaded guy.