Seahawks 2013 mock draft: Athletic/Playmaker focused

cover-2

Reaction score
1st round - (WR) Brandon Coleman 6-6 220 lbs. Rutgers: Great combination of size and speed. But, he is still raw as a route runner and he does not have great hands. Coleman’s problem with dropped passes and route running may have him falling to late in the 1st round. I think Russell Wilson’s leadership will help Coleman develop quickly into elite WR.

2nd round – (DT) Sylvester Williams 6-3 315 lbs. North Carolina: Williams has the size and quickness to land in the 1st round, but he does not have the motor to go with it. Does he truly love football that can make him a force to be reckoned with or is football just a job to him; will he be the last player in to the team facilities and the first player to leave? I think Red Bryant’s leadership could help Williams make the most of his potential.

3rd round – (CB) Dwayne Gratz 6-0 198 lbs. Connecticut : IMO nickel CB is a big need and Gratz can fill that role. Gratz has a good combination of size, quickness, and quick feet. He has ability to be the nickel CB, which IMO is a little bit of a different skill set than playing CB on the outside. I think Lane and Maxwell don’t have the skill set to be a good nickel CB, whereas Gratz does and I think he would beat those two out for the starting nickel CB. Gratz has good ball awareness when he is covering his man downfield; he plays the ball when it’s in the air. He played a good amount of man-press coverage at UConn, so there is not going to be a learning curve to the Seahawks style of play for him.

4th round - (TE) Travis Keice 6-6 255 lbs. Cincinnati: Keice is athletic TE who is good at getting yards after the catch. He is a one dimensional player, in that he is a complete liability as a blocker; he just does not have the want-to/willingness when it comes to blocking.

5th round - (MLB/OLB) Bruce Taylor 6-2 253 lbs. Virginia Tech: Good size LB that has shown a knack for rushing the QB. Above average athlete for a LB, questionable instincts, and average in coverage.

6th round – (WR) Marquise Goodwin 5-9 180 lbs. Texas: Goodwin is one of the fastest players in this year’s draft. He should run a 4.3 40-yard time maybe even sub 4.3 40-yard time. Goodwin is more track star then football player at this point; he competed in the 2012 Olympics as a long jumper. He did not put up big stats in college, but he did flash his speed when he touched the ball.

7th round - (QB/WR) MarQueis Gray 6-4 245 lbs. Minnesota: Gray was a highly recruited QB out of high school but he never really won the starting QB position while at Minnesota. He played WR his first two years and finally got the starting QB position as a junior which he lost to his back-up his senior year. Gray has good speed for his size, he broke Minnesota’s QB rushing record his junior year. We could try to develop Gray as a QB or WR, either way he is a talented athlete and worth taking a flyer on.

zayden185

Reaction score
cover-2":o1p028wr said:
1st round - (WR) Brandon Coleman 6-6 220 lbs. Rutgers: Great combination of size and speed. But, he is still raw as a route runner and he does not have great hands. Coleman’s problem with dropped passes and route running may have him falling to late in the 1st round. I think Russell Wilson’s leadership will help Coleman develop quickly into elite WR.

2nd round – (DT) Sylvester Williams 6-3 315 lbs. North Carolina: Williams has the size and quickness to land in the 1st round, but he does not have the motor to go with it. Does he truly love football that can make him a force to be reckoned with or is football just a job to him; will he be the last player in to the team facilities and the first player to leave? I think Red Bryant’s leadership could help Williams make the most of his potential.

3rd round – (CB) Dwayne Gratz 6-0 198 lbs. Connecticut : IMO nickel CB is a big need and Gratz can fill that role. Gratz has a good combination of size, quickness, and quick feet. He has ability to be the nickel CB, which IMO is a little bit of a different skill set than playing CB on the outside. I think Lane and Maxwell don’t have the skill set to be a good nickel CB, whereas Gratz does and I think he would beat those two out for the starting nickel CB. Gratz has good ball awareness when he is covering his man downfield; he plays the ball when it’s in the air. He played a good amount of man-press coverage at UConn, so there is not going to be a learning curve to the Seahawks style of play for him.

4th round - (TE) Travis Keice 6-6 255 lbs. Cincinnati: Keice is athletic TE who is good at getting yards after the catch. He is a one dimensional player, in that he is a complete liability as a blocker; he just does not have the want-to/willingness when it comes to blocking.

5th round - (MLB/OLB) Bruce Taylor 6-2 253 lbs. Virginia Tech: Good size LB that has shown a knack for rushing the QB. Above average athlete for a LB, questionable instincts, and average in coverage.

6th round – (WR) Marquise Goodwin 5-9 180 lbs. Texas: Goodwin is one of the fastest players in this year’s draft. He should run a 4.3 40-yard time maybe even sub 4.3 40-yard time. Goodwin is more track star then football player at this point; he competed in the 2012 Olympics as a long jumper. He did not put up big stats in college, but he did flash his speed when he touched the ball.

7th round - (QB/WR) MarQueis Gray 6-4 245 lbs. Minnesota: Gray was a highly recruited QB out of high school but he never really won the starting QB position while at Minnesota. He played WR his first two years and finally got the starting QB position as a junior which he lost to his back-up his senior year. Gray has good speed for his size, he broke Minnesota’s QB rushing record his junior year. We could try to develop Gray as a QB or WR, either way he is a talented athlete and worth taking a flyer on.

Leadership dosnt help bad hands...

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
zayden185":1z4oq1dy said:
cover-2":1z4oq1dy said:

Leadership dosnt help bad hands...

Thanks for the smart aleck comment!