Pass rush and a replacement for Leroy Hill

Sea12Hawks

Reaction score
Not saying i don't like Leroy but if the hawks sign him to anything other then a one year deal im not going to be happy.

So i think they should just kill two birds with one stone and add a LB that can rush. with Browner being so good at stopping the short sideline route's i think the hawks best shot at pressure could come from that outside linebacker. Enter Dion Jordan

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=DE

http://youtu.be/1UwVrBRruEk

kearly

Reaction score
Yup, Jordan would be a really nice "weird" pick for Pete to make in round 1. Has all the uniqueness, length, and speed that Pete looks for. We've talked about him a bit over the last few months. He's a good blitzer and really impressed me in press coverage. Guys that are 6'7" with long arms would be really tough to block on the second level.

Seattle is going to have some tough choices to make at #25. If Dion Jordan lasts that long, he could one of those players making the choice tougher.

sainthawk29

Reaction score
At 25 Dion Jordan is my personal number 1 target. And to carify i am not a duck fan.

I just believe he could add speed and length to a defense that already is fast and long.

As well as add to the banit defense on passing downs.

Unfortunately, I see no scenerio where he drops to 25.

OP
OP
Sea12Hawks

Sea12Hawks

Reaction score
That is my one concern, he probably won't last that long

CPHawk

Reaction score
NFL.com guy has him going 5 to the browns. But if he's still on the board at 25 he would be a still.

OP
OP
Sea12Hawks

Sea12Hawks

Reaction score
Ideally he would play OLB in the hawks scheme, from my perspective

knownone

Reaction score
Why do so many people, want to turn a pure 34 OLB/ 43 DE into a 43 weak side linebacker?

This and the Bruce Irvin thread boggle my mind.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I'd like to see more of Malcolm Smith. He seems to jump off the screen at me...in a good way.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
Sea12Hawks":1iqc7ms1 said:
Ideally he would play OLB in the hawks scheme, from my perspective
I think he's more a 3/4 OLB Aldon Smith type, which I don't see a whole lot of difference from a 3/4 OLB and the LEO

OP
OP
Sea12Hawks

Sea12Hawks

Reaction score
I can't take the whole "his size and shape means he plays this position" thing seriously with this team (does Red Bryant look like an end? Does Kameron Chancellor look like a safety? Or to a lesser extent does Brandon Browner look like a corner?) which is why I tend to look for unique players when trying to guess draft picks