Compensatory Picks

QuahHawk

Reaction score
We already have 10 picks in this upcoming draft and i think we have potential to get at least one Comp Pick as well.

Lost
Atari Bigby
John Carlson
Anthony Hargrove
David Hawthorne
Justin Forsett
Charlie Whitehurst

Gained
Jason Jones
Deuce Lutui
Matt Flynn.

Not sure the formula for picks but it would look to me like our Loss of Carlson, Hawthorne and Whitehurst were all for multiyear contract and decent money. With Flynn being our only big acqusition if you consider JJ was on a 1 year adn Deuce got cut I could see us possibly getting an extra 5th or 6th and 7th.

We are going to have tons of wiggle room ont he second day to move around. With 7 or 8 picks in the 5th through 7th round we can make some deals, to more up in the 2nd or 3rd to get "our guy" or to trade some for future picks. Lots to think about but with mabye 6 real open roster spots on this team the competition will be brutal.I think this is the year we carry one less DB and go 1 extra DL simply because Clemons is now a liability.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Atari Bigby 2 year $2.5M
John Carlson 5 year $25M
Anthony Hargrove N/A
David Hawthorne 5 year $19M
Justin Forsett 1 year $700k
Charlie Whitehurst 2 year $4M

Jason Jones 1 year $4.5M
Deuce Lutui N/A
Matt Flynn. 3 year $19.5

I very well could be wrong but I think Jones and Flynn will cancel out Hawthorne and Carlson leaving us with mabye a 7th for Whitehurst and/or Bigby. I can only hope the 1 year deal on Jones comes into consideration.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Yeah, maybe the Forsett and Carlson losses give us a pick as I think players the team drafted come into consideration more than players bought that leave in FA. I'm not sure how the system works though, some teams get fat on comp picks while others never get them it seems.