Devin Taylor absolutely dominated!

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Devin Taylor absolutely dominated!
Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:26 am
  • The East West Shrine game! Devin Taylor, South Carolina 6'8" 267 also chased down a QB from behind. Several TFLs, 2 FF, a sack or two and tackles along the sideline after running all the way across the field. IIRC, 2nd leading tackler all time at Sout Carolina.

Anthony Amos is a pretty good wide receiver too. Middle Tenn. St. 6' 185

Joe Vellano, DT from Maryland got some pretty good penetration. Not sure where he is ranked, but I really liked what I saw.

WR Steelman Trent from Army, 6' 210 would make a good backup for Russell and has the makings of a slot receiver, special teamer.

DL Thurmond Brandon Arkansas-Pine Bluff 6'2" 260 reminded me of John Randle. The guy was all over the place and really fast!
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Re: Devin Taylor absolutely dominated!
Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:25 pm
  • He's on my list of guys to watch, think he was projected around the 4th round but if you're saying he sowed up well at the Shrine game then I could see him jump to 3rd potentially. Certainly seems to fit the 'mould'

Must watch more on him...
    HighlandHawk
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:29 pm
  • I was amazed at what Devin could do at 6'8". Dude is long and lanky but pushed the LT on his butt once for a sack and was good at getting around blocks. I don't care what anyone says, but if this guy passes the attitude test, I take him with a second.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:14 pm

• Devin Taylor gives me JPP vibes (I was NOT a fan of JPP when he was coming out). His tape is awful, but like JPP, his problems are fixable with coaching. A lack of nastiness and technique are glaring problems, but he has long arms and seems like a good athlete.

High risk, high reward player. I'd pass, but if Seattle took him I'd trust them. Devin Taylor makes Margus Hunt look polished in comparison.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:34 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information