Good year for draft

Renohawk

Reaction score
We currently have 10 picks; although, with JS and PC, I would be suprised to see 7 with the others traded, with the news that a record of 73
early entries for the NFL draft, including 6 first team all americans, having 10 pics coupled with our current success could really bolster our team in needs and depth. I like this part, as each of these are needs for us right now: Leaving school and projected to go high in the draft: LSU DEs Barkevious Mingo and Sam Montgomery; Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore; Georgia LB Alec Ogletree; California WR Keenan Allen; Florida State CB Xavier Rhodes; Ohio State DT Johnathan Hankins; and LSU linebacker Kevin Minter.

http://seattletimes.com/html/sports/202 ... tries.html

kearly

Reaction score
I'm not loving this draft for Seattle's front seven needs though. Really hope Seattle finds a way to draft offense early, that's where the special players are at in the late 1st and late 2nd.

godawg

Reaction score
Kearly,

What would you think of bundling picks and Matt Flynn or even Brandon Mebane to get Star Lotulelei. The Hawks haven't had a monster in the middle since Cortez, and would be a different team with one.

nategreat

Reaction score
With so many good, young players on the current roster, it may be a lot more difficult for some of the new draft picks to make the team, compared to the last couple of years. This would be a perfect opportunity to trade some of those picks away in order to move up in the draft.... if it's someone that John and Pete know would be a can't miss, great pick for the team. I understand you can't get too carried away though- but the opportunity exists more so than it has in the recent past.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
godawg":6wu1iwj5 said:
DeAndre Hopkins. Second that.

mee too.

Seems like a good fit for this team. He is a taller, faster, Doug Baldwin who catches everything with his hands.