Devin Taylor absolutely dominated!

ivotuk

Reaction score
The East West Shrine game! Devin Taylor, South Carolina 6'8" 267 also chased down a QB from behind. Several TFLs, 2 FF, a sack or two and tackles along the sideline after running all the way across the field. IIRC, 2nd leading tackler all time at Sout Carolina.

Anthony Amos is a pretty good wide receiver too. Middle Tenn. St. 6' 185

Joe Vellano, DT from Maryland got some pretty good penetration. Not sure where he is ranked, but I really liked what I saw.

WR Steelman Trent from Army, 6' 210 would make a good backup for Russell and has the makings of a slot receiver, special teamer.

DL Thurmond Brandon Arkansas-Pine Bluff 6'2" 260 reminded me of John Randle. The guy was all over the place and really fast!

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
He's on my list of guys to watch, think he was projected around the 4th round but if you're saying he sowed up well at the Shrine game then I could see him jump to 3rd potentially. Certainly seems to fit the 'mould'

Must watch more on him...

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
I was amazed at what Devin could do at 6'8". Dude is long and lanky but pushed the LT on his butt once for a sack and was good at getting around blocks. I don't care what anyone says, but if this guy passes the attitude test, I take him with a second.

kearly

Reaction score
[youtube]OYY0iuKn-Lw[/youtube]

Devin Taylor gives me JPP vibes (I was NOT a fan of JPP when he was coming out). His tape is awful, but like JPP, his problems are fixable with coaching. A lack of nastiness and technique are glaring problems, but he has long arms and seems like a good athlete.

High risk, high reward player. I'd pass, but if Seattle took him I'd trust them. Devin Taylor makes Margus Hunt look polished in comparison.