JSeahawks: Recruiting rumors?

jkitsune

Reaction score
I remember last year you were front and center on a lot of recruiting news. It's about that time of year again - what're you hearing for the UW and UO?

And what twitter feeds do you recommend for recruiting?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I dont have twitter. I get my info from Duckterritory.com (which is part of the 247 sports network which is the best for recruiting info. Most teams have individual sites, unfortunatly UW doesnt have their own site yet... which is kind fo wierd) and rivals. But Greg Biggins is the best "recruiting guru" on the west coast so if i had twitter i'd probably follow that guy.

Check your PM's for some other info.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I know that Tyner and his family may do an OV at UW. Get worried JS ;)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1tnrk4ew said:
I know that Tyner and his family may do an OV at UW. Get worried JS ;)

Incorrect. Tyner hosted 7 Oregon coaches in his house last night. He is done with the recruiting process and 100% Duck. If Gary Campbell (the RB's coach) would have left with Chip Kelly, or if Oregon had hired an outside coach who changed over quite a bit of the staff, then I would have worried. With the staff staying almost entirely in tact though it doesnt look like any of our commits are going to decommit.

UW and Tuiasasoppo did try though. I know Tuiasosoppo was in Tyner's house pretty quickly after Chip leaving was announced.

GCrow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1aj6g89d said:
UW and Tuiasasoppo did try though. I know Tuiasosoppo was in Tyner's house pretty quickly after Chip leaving was announced.

Like the dude behind the Manti Te'o hoax???? :sarcasm_off:

kearly

Reaction score
I visit SBN's site UWDawgpound.com for Husky recruiting news. I don't know if they break stuff the very fastest, but they tend to be pretty comprehensive.

Huskies have a verbal from Joe Mathis, who is one of the most ripped looking HS kid's I've seen. 5 star DE/DT recruit. Watched some HS tape and he looks like a beast as a pass rusher. Great pick up by UW.

They also got another 3 star / 4 star WR in John Ross. Not sure if Jermaine Kelly is a safety or WR, but if he's a WR that means UW has 4 notable WR commits this year. As I've been saying adding WRs this year is absolutely key for UW. Lots of credit to Sark and his recruiting team for recognizing this.

Everyone is saying that this is UW's best recruiting class so far in terms of talent haul. Kinda wish they had recuited OL better this year, but they really went after WR hard and I commend them for that. Despite ASJ, a lack of quality targets was a big problem for UW's offense last year.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
MLOhawks":xop6kjuj said:

I would not recommend that Oregon scout site. Its kind of the equivelent of Dawgman.

And to kearly, everything i've read says that Jermaine Kelly is going to be a cornerback. UW has done really well on the d'line and at WR's this cycle. If i were a UW fan though i'd be pretty worried about o'line recruiting.

Where are you seein that Joe Mathis is a five star? I just looked at espn, yahoo, scout, and rivals and they all have him as a middle of the pack 4 star. I do think he's going to be a stud and a good player, but I dont see 5 star anywhere. On the site that I trust the most, 247, he's not even yoru top rated DT, he's behind Elijah Qualls.

drrew

Reaction score
For the UW the potential difference makers in this class include:

Elijah Qualls DT - super disruptive DT, played RB in high school at 275+
Daeshon Hall DE - Texas schools are pushing hard for him, going to be a battle to keep him
Darrell Daniels WR - WR recruits Stringfellow and Ross are often listed higher, but Daniels dominated the post season All-Star games he played in

A couple of guys they're still in on that are worth knowing
Myles Jack OLB - Bellevue HS product, longtime UCLA recruit but it looking around, I expect him to flip to UW by signing day
Danny Mattingly TE - Spokane kid, brother played at WSU, previous Notre Dame commit, now headed to Oregon but UW still pushing. Likely sticks with Oregon, bit also wouldn't be a shock if he flipped.
Nico Falah OT - CA kid, longtime USC commit but UW has an outside chance - Tosh Lupoi worrking this one
Lastly, the one that might push J over the edge, the Robinson twins. Tyrell (OLB) and Tyree (WR) Robinson. 4* football players as well as Pac12 quality basketball recruits. They're Oregon commits who decided to take some visits when Chip left town. Tuiasasopo is the main recruiter, and they'll be visiting UW (as well as a couple other schools) prior to signing day. Would be a huge coup if UW pulled this one off.

Again, Jack is most likely, but they're pushing for all of these.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
Yeah the Educk forum is insufferable, overrun with jerks.

Kelly looks awesome, I hope he sticks with UW. Oregon and USC are making moves on him, which would suck because he is a damn good prospect and might make one hell of a DB. JoJo Mathis is ranked a 4 star everywhere I have seen, not sure where the 5* comment originates from.

Guy is seriously talented:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9hJ4ZsoLJ4

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
kearly":244uhh9c said:
I visit SBN's site UWDawgpound.com for Husky recruiting news. I don't know if they break stuff the very fastest, but they tend to be pretty comprehensive.

Huskies have a verbal from Joe Mathis, who is one of the most ripped looking HS kid's I've seen. 5 star DE/DT recruit. Watched some HS tape and he looks like a beast as a pass rusher. Great pick up by UW.

They also got another 3 star / 4 star WR in John Ross. Not sure if Jermaine Kelly is a safety or WR, but if he's a WR that means UW has 4 notable WR commits this year. As I've been saying adding WRs this year is absolutely key for UW. Lots of credit to Sark and his recruiting team for recognizing this.

Everyone is saying that this is UW's best recruiting class so far in terms of talent haul. Kinda wish they had recuited OL better this year, but they really went after WR hard and I commend them for that. Despite ASJ, a lack of quality targets was a big problem for UW's offense last year.
Kelly is a CB.

Also there is talk of Mathis becoming a MLB. He shed some weight and has been working towards this for sometime.

With how good the current class is for UW, it could get a lot better by a huge margin if we can get a couple 4/5 star guys we're rumored to be in the mix for.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
drrew":2cw5nrl8 said:

Daeshon Hall DE - Texas schools are pushing hard for him, going to be a battle to keep him
Darrell Daniels WR - WR recruits Stringfellow and Ross are often listed higher, but Daniels dominated the post season All-Star games he played in

Myles Jack OLB - Bellevue HS product, longtime UCLA recruit but it looking around, I expect him to flip to UW by signing day
Danny Mattingly TE - Spokane kid, brother played at WSU, previous Notre Dame commit, now headed to Oregon but UW still pushing. Likely sticks with Oregon, bit also wouldn't be a shock if he flipped.
Nico Falah OT - CA kid, longtime USC commit but UW has an outside chance - Tosh Lupoi worrking this one

Lastly, the one that might push J over the edge, the Robinson twins. Tyrell and Tyree Robinson. 4* football players as well as Pac12 quality basketball recruits. They'r
My favorite recruit so far is Farria. IMO, he's going to be the best DL recruit from this class if he can qualify.

Other guys we are definitely in the mix for are Eddie Vanderdoes and Reuben Foster

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3r39dz5r said:
Where are you seein that Joe Mathis is a five star?

I think I read that at UWdawgpound. They may have been mistaken though.

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":10tlkvmn said:
If i were a UW fan though i'd be pretty worried about o'line recruiting.

Agreed. They are still in on at least one notable OL though.

In fairness, UW had a very good offense in 2011 with a below average line. Having a mobile QB and a really good RB can really elevate a line. Since skill position talent is apparently easier to find that OL talent, it seems Sark is intent on taking this route.

Maybe if UW posts a 10 win season with a great offense, we'll finally start getting some OL recruits in here.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
Getting rid of Cozzetto is what Sark needs to do. The guy can't lure top of the line Oline talent nor can he coach anyone up. Only Kelemete has been drafted on the Oline during Sark's tenure. Not the sign of a good Oline coach.

CPHawk

Reaction score
drrew":3dlpml0m said:

Lastly, the one that might push J over the edge, the Robinson twins. Tyrell (OLB) and Tyree (WR) Robinson. 4* football players as well as Pac12 quality basketball recruits. They're Oregon commits who decided to take some visits when Chip left town. Tuiasasopo is the main recruiter, and they'll be visiting UW (as well as a couple other schools) prior to signing day. Would be a huge coup if UW pulled this one off.

Again, Jack is most likely, but they're pushing for all of these.

Talk about some UW site pulling crap out of their ass. The only teams they are talking to are SC and tOSU. They will both be ducks come signing day, but it does make me laugh that UW thinks they have a chance. Given the fact Tyree was tweeting how weak UW is during the vegas bowl, and how he's glad he didn't pick them.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
CPHawk":33310jc2 said:
Talk about some UW site pulling crap out of their ass. The only teams they are talking to are SC and tOSU. They will both be ducks come signing day, but it does make me laugh that UW thinks they have a chance. Given the fact Tyree was tweeting how weak UW is during the vegas bowl, and how he's glad he didn't pick them.
Yikes, someone might want to do just a little bit of research and rethink what they just said

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2qyesoar said:
CPHawk":2qyesoar said:
Yikes, someone might want to do just a little bit of research and rethink what they just said

@HumbleDuck_2: Washington football is weak af glad I didn't go there lol

HumbleDuck is Tyree Robinson.

The twins visited USC this weekend and have a visit planned for Ohio State. They are not visiting Washington as far as I know. Duck coaches will be in there living rooms tomorrow solidifying things.

Here they are visiting USC this weekend.

Untitled 7 zps7a2c0aa9

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
They're visiting Washington next weekend, I thought this was pretty common knowledge. Their HS coach even confirmed.

I honestly don't care what one tweeted a month ago. Recruiting is a crazy business. Heck Jordan Payton committed to UW on ESPN last year the night before LOI day only to sign with UCLA the very next morning. Kids change their minds.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3dizgnst said:
They're visiting Washington next weekend, I thought this was pretty common knowledge. Their HS coach even confirmed.

I honestly don't care what one tweeted a month ago. Recruiting is a crazy business. Heck Jordan Payton committed to UW on ESPN last year the night before LOI day only to sign with UCLA the very next morning. Kids change their minds.

Ya know, you mgiht be right, i just did see a tweet about it. Recruitings crazy. I'd be pretty damn shocked if they ended up at Washignton though. And wont lose sleep about it. I'd be fine if we had a one man class and that man was Thomas Tyner.

Dont know who Gerard Martinez is but he's the one reporting it.

gmartlive Gerard Martinez
Hearing Tyree and Tyrell Robinson will probably officially visit #Washington this weekend. Trying to confirm.

Latest posts