Spend a late rounder on Marcus Lattimore?

Fox0r

Reaction score
Is this plausible? McGahee had a nasty injury and still went in the 1st...

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If I didnt like Turbin I would say yes, absolutely. I just dont see the need for him, or a spot for him on the roster. I do love Lattimore though.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'd do it. A 3rd stringer who can step into the backup role would be ideal. Especially one with first round talent. I really don't have trust in Leon to do that. Let him redshirt for one year, similar to LW, and then see where he fits in the year after.

Who knows, he could have amazing trade value if he's healed up.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I am totally for it. Lattimore sounds like an outstanding kid. Would love to see us give him a chance and basically red-shirt him. Worst case scenario; you have a kid who never gets back healthy but provides outstanding morale and effort. Teammates like that kind of stuff. You don't want to have a guy who suffered a catastrophic injury outdo/outwork you. Best case scenario; you have another great RB ready to roll and we can extend Marshawn's shelf life. We basically become Alabama of the NFL where you have 3 quality RBs who can rotate in and out.

With how loaded this roster is, chances of a late rounder sticking are minimal at best anyways. I'd say go for it, especially with him being such a legit kid and all.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I am sure it would come down to how much cartilage is left in that knee. The ligaments can be repaired, but if his knee is as bunked as it looked, there might be bone on bone. Which would make him unable to practice pretty much.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
I like Ray Graham out of Pitt as a change of pace back and special teams guy. A nasty knee injury in late 2011 held him back a bit last year, but he progressed nicely as the year went on. He did get in a little trouble recently, which may affect his stock. A mid to late round pick possibility?

Rat

Reaction score
I think he'll go earlier than expected, but if he's there in the fifth or so, why not? We have the depth to make a gamble like that.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
When healthy, looked like Eric Dickerson running to me. Adrian Peterson came into the league with injury questions. Lattimore wont be 1st round, though. Since the Hawks have 10 picks (and if they don't package them to move up to get a key player)... perhaps they could justify taking a chance on Lattimore with one of those 10 picks if he's there when they value him. But, if he makes the roster... do they keep 4 backs? Trying to sneak Lattimore onto the practice squad might be tough. There's a RB here in Central Florida that played at UCF, Latavius Murray, who could be a late round (or UDFA) steal. He's had some injury problems, but take a look... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2rUpbfsHgE I'll bet the Hawks could stash this guy on the Practice Squad and could pay dividends. He seems like the type of RB that Mike Shanahan finds.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I pass on this kid. I feel bad for him, but the odds on Lattimore having a long NFL career are slim to none at this point. We're talking not one, but TWO devastating knee injuries.. and not on the same knee - both of them.

This isn't Adrian Peterson/Willis McGahee II here.. I'm afraid it's closer to Robert Edwards

Throwdown

Reaction score
I don't see any harm in it, with how hard we ride Lynch, maybe 4 backs is a must?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'd rather have a speedy/change-of-pace type back from Lynch and Turbin. How about Kenjon Barner?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
With the way Turbin catches the ball out of the backfield and his 4.4 speed and ability to break tackles, I'm not sure we need a change of pace back. I think he's a solid 3rd down back moving forward.

drrew

Reaction score
3rd RB on this roster needs to return kicks, and that's not something an even healthy Lattimore is going to do, so I don't see a fit unless something happens to Turbin or Lynch.

Throwdown

Reaction score
drrew":36re584s said:
3rd RB on this roster needs to return kicks, and that's not something an even healthy Lattimore is going to do, so I don't see a fit unless something happens to Turbin or Lynch.

Not exactly, any 5th or 6th receiver could be a return guy. But who says we have to drop Washington if this FO felt that Lattimore was a must have if it was in the 5th or 6th round?

Does anyone know if any teams carry 4 RB's?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Throwdown":1obs3vvw said:
drrew":1obs3vvw said:

Not exactly, any 5th or 6th receiver could be a return guy. But who says we have to drop Washington if this FO felt that Lattimore was a must have if it was in the 5th or 6th round?

Does anyone know if any teams carry 4 RB's?
Tavon Austin satisfies all of what you both are talking about.