Aaron Mellette WR

Chawker

Reaction score
Aaron Mellette WR 6'4" 212

Another small school player, great size and speed. 113 catches on the season recording 1639 yds and 12 TDs, had only two games this season under 100 yds and two games over 200 plus yds. ap all american honors 2 years in a row.
I'd like to see what kind of numbers him and Russell Wilson could put up. (hang on, I'm having a moment here)
Can't wait for his combine.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Checked him out the other day, not many highlights on him but wasn't that impressed. YAC guy who doesn't seem to get open consistently. Could be a good project but he's not going to be an immediate impact guy. Would rather take Kaufman.

kearly

Reaction score
[youtube]swnBirD6HR4[/youtube]

I like him. Good athlete who needs some coaching up but isn't raw. Usually you don't see WR options this good at the end of a draft. Fits the profile pretty well, he's a quick YAC type but can also be a deep threat.

hawks509

Reaction score
I see a lot of body catches in the video above. There is nothing I hate more than watching people catch with their pads. Get your hands up! He's 6'3 compared to Kaufman's 6'5. IMO we need to be looking for a true #2 receiver who can play outside, so the extra height would be nice and Kauf has incredibly consistent hands.

Edit: Didn't see op listing him at 6'4, so I guess their height essentially offsets.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Reminds me of an old prospect from Louisiana Monroe, Drouzon Quillen. Never amounted to much in the league, if anything, but I always thought he had potential because he knew how to get open and had a good catch radius. I'm rooting for this guy just because it'd be sick for there to a player from Elon!

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
His video clips don't impress me either, but 113 catches 1639 yds & 12 TDs speak kinda speaks for itself. I know the small school thing too.

Listing his height & weight came from draftek.com if its is incorrect its there bad. cheers

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Seem to be making a name for himself at the senior bowl. He be at least a third round pick come draft day.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I like this kid's physical tools. He's going to surprise some people at the combine. I had a chance to watch some 1-on-1 wr vs db drills at the senior bowl and he was burning by even the more smaller, quicker corners.

Hard to say where he'll land though.. His tape up above looked good, but the gametape versus UNC was god awful.

His measurement was 6' 2 1/2, btw. Not bad at all, but not quite the 6' 4" I was hoping he'd be.