Intangibles Report - Khas Greene

RylandTheHawk

Reaction score
Khaseem Greene is a boom-bust type player in the NFL, who would likely struggle as a rookie and be more of a player that takes two to three years to develop. He has excellent instincts, play-recognition and work ethic. On the other hand, Greene is not consistent. I’m not convinced that Greene is the player that will win a street fight and he particularly struggles against pulling guards on the second level. He’s definitely a player with the ability to overcome his deficiencies at the next level through hard work and leadership ability. I do believe that Pete Carroll would see him as a playmaker and the player that possesses unique skill sets. The Seahawks would be an ideal fit for Greene as we highlight player strengths and hide weaknesses.

Intangible Score - 4 out of 7

What do you think of Khas Greene's Intangibles?

Link: The Intangibles Of Khas Greene

cover-2

Reaction score
I like that he was very productive in college, but I hate his on field demeanor. IMO he does not play with any intensity or most of all relentlessness. His playing speed is average at best, which is fine if you stick him at strong-side LB or middle LB, but not good if he were to be our weak-side LB. I don't want him.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Great report. I see Greene a bit differently than you in parts of his game, but I like hearing other people's opposing views. It gives me something to look closer at next time I watch his tape to see if I missed something.

However, i felt your Eric LaGrand's quote in your report that Greene hit "like a girl" was completely taken out of context and a low-blow.

For those who don't know, LaGrand suffered from a spinal cord injury in 2010 which left him paralyzed. The following week, Greene, understandably, played soft. He admitted that his friend being injuried affected his play the next game and LaGrande, in an attempt to get his teammate back to playing physical, called him out on it. It's not as if LaGrand was referring to Greene's normal, everyday play. Just one game.

Here's the story on this. http://nyj.scout.com/2/1260222.html

OP
OP
R

RylandTheHawk

Reaction score
Thanks recon_hawk, you make a very good point about the "hit like little girl" comment. It would be better to clarify on that. I think there was a time when such a serious injury made Greene think twice about playing aggressive and hitting hard. I think that this was the context that Eric LeGrand made his comment about "hitting like a girl.". It was not a derogatory comment, but an inspirational comment to Greene to not play with fear. I watched film on about 6 games and thought Greene's aggressiveness varied from game to game.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'd say its completely fair to question his aggressiveness and, really, any other parts of his game. I didnt bring up the quote to disagree with you, but i wanted to make sure LaGrand's comment doesn't come across as defamatory which I know you didn't mean to do.

I hope you continue these scouting reports Ryland. I love reading these things written by the writer with the Seahawks in mind. I also enjoyed yourWilson/Tarkenton article and am still checking out some of your others.

I only just found your site. Do you have an About page on your site. I'm curious why you've started up your site (not that im complaining!) and what kind of articles and information we can expect from the site, as well. Cheers!

OP
OP
R

RylandTheHawk

Reaction score
We didn't put up an About Us page because are going to do that by video. There are four of us doing this site for fun as passionate Hawk fans. It's kind of just an outlet for obsessive compulsive Seahawk addiction. I do some writing but the other three guys have professional video backgrounds and two work for the Seahawks, which is kind of fun since they hear some good inside info particularly in the visitors locker room. This Pete Carroll team is unique and exciting, and I like to write about the life lessons we can learn from this team. Lessons like focus on your strengths and not your weaknesses, leadership development, the separation is in the preparation, "it's not how you start, it's how you finish," "always compete," and "earn everything." Kind of corny stuff, but I for one have bought into it.

PhillySeahawk

Reaction score
Just wanted to add he was Big East co-Defensive Player of the Year in 2011 as well as a junior.