Some draft stock tidbits

kearly

Reaction score
Saw somebody link this, thought it deserved its own thread because it had a lot of interesting information:

Missouri Southern State DT Brandon Williams is being talked about as a second-round pick, according to the NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah.
Per Jeremiah, Williams' "surprisingly nimble footwork is what has been most impressive," especially at 341 pounds. The stout nose tackle wins with leverage and a motor to press the pocket, but there were a few occasions where Williams won with quickness off the line of scrimmage.

I had Williams in the late 3rd round of my recent dream mock, but after the totality of Williams' upside and his draft trajectory fully sank in, I realized that he has almost no chance of lasting that long. Like Wilson last year with his height, Williams is a highly intriguing prospect that is being held back by one potentially insignificant factor. In this case: level of competition. Did the Senior Bowl performance dispel that notion? It's sounding like it did.

Draft Insider Tony Pauline notes NFL teams had UCLA DL Datone Jones as a third-round pick prior to Senior Bowl week.

For my money, Tony Pauline is right up there with Adam Schefter as the most accurate draft reporter in the business. I always listen intently to what he reports. Pauline reported last year that many teams did not have Zach Brown or Courtney Upshaw on their 1st round boards. Both players ended up 2nd round picks.

I was never a fan of Datone Jones, I thought his tape was awful. He has some athletic upside, but he's nothing super special. A player like him is pretty much the definition of a 3rd round pick. Maybe Seattle could show interest if he's around that late. I kind of hope they don't, but it's at least nice hearing confirmation that NFL GMs had Datone Jones around where he should be.

Most teams have similar CBs listed in their top seven prospects at the position, according to draft insider Tony Pauline.

Milliner is a stud, no surprise that he's #1. What is interesting is who #2 is- none other than Desmond Trufant. Sounds like he really helped himself out at the Senior Bowl. Seattle isn't going to draft Trufant, but stuff like this is good for the image of UW's football program.

In unrelated news, apparently Titus Young is making his way out of Detroit. I'm not sure Seattle would deal for him though- some pretty major diva concerns there.

GCrow

Reaction score
The more and more I read, I get a Bruce Irvin feeling with Brandon Williams. Not a big name through the whole process - though he's being talked about more than Irvin - but just keeps rising up boards. I actually wish there was a site that I could put money on him becoming Seattle's first round pick would have to be some long odds right now.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm REALLY happy for Tru. Marcus was always underrated in terms of physicality (I think he could play another year or two at safety), but Des is MORE physical.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Missouri Southern State DT Brandon Williams was mentioned among as a riser from Senior Bowl week among NFL personnel men polled by CBS Sports' Rob Rang.
Rang says Williams' name was looked over among the likes of Sylvester Williams and Kawann Short...

Sounds like Williams is already sitting in the late 1st to late 2nd range. And his rise might not be over.