Hawks trade 2nd & oak 5th, 6th & 7th for early/mid 2nd.
1) Lane Johnson RT
Probably the least sexy pick you could imagine..I like Johnson..a lot.. and I think Cable will too. He's only played the position one year (mold factor), but possesses everything you would want. I've always thought Giacomini was a G playing T. I think Giacomini could be a top 10 RG in this league. Johnson dominated Moore in their game earlier this year. He's only progressed and has shut down potential.
2) DeAndre Hopkins WR- This is so over-mentioned, but he reminds me so much of Roddy White...except I actually think he will be better. He's got better hands, and similar route running. Had to trade up to the early 2nd to nab him though. Most likely will be the most productive WR in the class when you look back in 15 years.
3) Datone Jones- DE/DT Finally some picks on D...I'm officially on the Datone Jones bandwagon..problem is I think he'll be gone in the early 3rd or late 2nd to a 3-4 team needing a 5 tech. Has played all 4 position on a line of a 4-3 D scheme. I like him for depth, and I like him for Jason Jones' old spot on passing downs.
4) Khaseem Greene OLB- Don't think Greene will make it that long, but hopefully. Former Saftey converted LB- it shows, he may be the most natural coverage LB in the draft, and we need that- and someone who can cover a lot of ground in space.
5) Nickell Robey N CB- Trufant & co got burned last year in the slot. Problem Solved.
7) Denard Robinson WR/ST- Terrible Senior bowl- I could see him sliding.