After watching the pro bowl, I want a receiver round one!

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I want a big, tall, fast receiver for Russell in this draft. Watching him in the pro bowl, it was unbelievable what he could do with a guy like Fitz or Cruz. Draft a play making WR like Patterson or Hopkins and watch how suddenly the other problems on our team wont look too big once Wilson is airing it out to our guys and sitting on a big lead every game.

Maybe this is just a reactionary post to seeing Wilson in the pro bowl, idk. What do y'all think?

kearly

Reaction score
Cruz did have one really nice catch. Fitz was okay. It was kind of surreal seeing Wilson throwing a TD to Fitz (on 4th down no less). Kind of seemed to me that Wilson stole the spotlight but couldn't win the MVP with just 10 pass attempts.

I think I speak for most of the draft forum when I say passing on DeAndre Hopkins at #25 would be a travesty. He's very similar to Roddy White, and has intangibles through the roof.

skater18000

Reaction score
kearly":120iktb9 said:
Cruz did have one really nice catch. Fitz was okay. It was kind of surreal seeing Wilson throwing a TD to Fitz (on 4th down no less). Kind of seemed to me that Wilson stole the spotlight but couldn't win the MVP with just 10 pass attempts.

I think I speak for most of the draft forum when I say passing on DeAndre Hopkins at #25 would be a travesty. He's very similar to Roddy White, and has intangibles through the roof.

If I had to take a receiver from another team right now and it couldn't be Calvin Johnson or Fitz, i'd want Roddy White... yes over Marshall, V.Jax, Cruz, Julio Jones, etc. For equipping RW with a top 5 talent at WR my 3rd choice would be Roddy White.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I would prefer they pick DaRick Rodgers later in the draft then spend a first on Hopkins.

McGruff

Reaction score
I don't think it's wise to limit ourselves to one position, much less one name.

Best player at end, tackle, WR, guard or CB. I'd even consider a TE or OLB.

HUGGY

Reaction score
Hopkins has great speed but what I really like about him are his ability to break tackles for YAC and his ability to hang on to catches in traffic. He needs to work on the "both feet inbounds" of the NFL on sideline passes but that's the only knock from me. Here are some of his highlights....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13cTixvMEos

General Manager

Reaction score
Best player available at WR or DL. If there's a better WR than DL that's where they should go and vice versa.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I'd love to take Hopkins. If given the change to trade up to #20 and pick him I'd make that trade.

He's the guy I would like most in round 1.

General Manager

Reaction score
We probably can't get Hopkins patterson or Allen but Terrance Williams could be there at 25 if we don't trade up and i'd be fine with that. He led the nation in total yards he would be a real threat along with Rice and Tate and would make our offense better instantly.

hawks509

Reaction score
General Manager":25saupsj said:
We probably can't get Hopkins patterson or Allen but Terrance Williams could be there at 25 if we don't trade up and i'd be fine with that. He led the nation in total yards he would be a real threat along with Rice and Tate and would make our offense better instantly.

*He led the FBS in total yards, Kaufman was the nation's leader in overall yards but he's FCS

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
hawks509":20unrlxg said:
General Manager":20unrlxg said:

*He led the FBS in total yards, Kaufman was the nation's leader in overall yards but he's FCS

**Huge difference in talent level/competition, I don't blame anyone for ignoring FCS.

hawks509

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2aqisbju said:
hawks509":2aqisbju said:
General Manager":2aqisbju said:

**Huge difference in talent level/competition, I don't blame anyone for ignoring FCS.

Never said that automatically made him better, don't think he is, just a small technicality is all

sliv

Reaction score
Brandon Mebane 28
Red Bryant 28
Clinton Mcdonald 26
Alan Branch 28 Free agent
Chris Clemons 31 ACL
Bruce Irvin 25
Gregg Scruggs 22

Thats how old they are right now, not at the start of next season. We need an infusion of stud DT's and DE's and btw I love Hopkins. However good QB's make average WR into good WR, defensive lineman are either studs or they are not, a good LB is not going to make an average defensive lineman good.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Let's wait and watch what happens in FA. To me the first priority is filling the holes created by FA and injury with our DLine. In that regard I have some confidence the FO has a plan but it would be nice to gain a nice interior DLineman stud from the draft, a hopefully another edge rusher. After that is done then adding more playmakers for RW seems to me to be a no brainer. This is a deep draft at WR and even at TE both are positions where the team could use some depth but not at the cost of leaving a better valued player on the board when we pick. The team now has a solid core group here and the only area of the team going into this offseason with our injury and FA situation is the DLine. Simply focusing on one player seems to me to not be following the BAP formula for improving the team. Other areas besides (DT, DE, WR & TE) where finding some depth would be nice are OT, OG, OLB, & CB.

sliv

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2mm6hg3v said:
Let's wait and watch what happens in FA. To me the first priority is filling the holes created by FA and injury with our DLine. In that regard I have some confidence the FO has a plan but it would be nice to gain a nice interior DLineman stud from the draft, a hopefully another edge rusher. After that is done then adding more playmakers for RW seems to me to be a no brainer. This is a deep draft at WR and even at TE both are positions where the team could use some depth but not at the cost of leaving a better valued player on the board when we pick. The team now has a solid core group here and the only area of the team going into this offseason with our injury and FA situation is the DLine. Simply focusing on one player seems to me to not be following the BAP formula for improving the team. Other areas besides (DT, DE, WR & TE) where finding some depth would be nice are OT, OG, OLB, & CB.
:13:

kobebryant

Reaction score
skater18000":22al812i said:
kearly":22al812i said:

If I had to take a receiver from another team right now and it couldn't be Calvin Johnson or Fitz, i'd want Roddy White... yes over Marshall, V.Jax, Cruz, Julio Jones, etc. For equipping RW with a top 5 talent at WR my 3rd choice would be Roddy White.

Not bad, I really like Roddy's game. I think I'd roll with AJ Green though.

getnasty

Reaction score
Yeah i hope the Hawks go WR with there first pick and address the Dline in FA, just seems like that would be the safe way to go. AJ Green is the 2nd best WR behind Calvin, just thought i'd throw that in as well

Latest posts