Name 2 Free Agents whom empower the Hawks to draft BPA

pehawk

Reaction score
As the title says, name your two dream free agents whom would allow the Seahawks to draft STRICTLY BPA in the draft, exclusively. Yes, I'm assuming alot and using simplistic logic, but I'm a simple ass, so;

1) Glenn Dorsey - My feeling on the guy is he's been playing average, sound football and not great football because he's miscast in a 3-4 system. I think adding him would finally bring consistent pressure in the defensive interior.

2) Mike Wallace - I have ZERO to base this on, other than random (but silent) tantrums and interviews, but I dont get a warm and fuzzy vibe from Sydney. I dont think he's one to sacrifice personal stats for the sake of W's. My gut says this will manifest, SOON. But, even assuming I'm entirely wrong on that, Wallace plays street ball, WELL. All Wallace has ever known is a QB who extends plays to the point where WR's must break routes and get open. Also, his speed is world class. I consider last years struggles a blessing financially and an anomaly based on their entire offense being out of sync. Remember Jerry Rice started dropping balls in Seattle too, dysfunction's contagious.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I don't know about the line but isn't Danny Amendola available
He would be a killer addition as he'd be the slot guy
Paul has enough money to clone the fridge perry cuz that's the kinda guy we need

Bipolar

Reaction score
Mike Wallace is going to be cost prohibitive since we have Rice and Miller under fat contracts already.

I really think that drafting a #1 WR is truly the way to go.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
pehawk":44gars21 said:
I dont get a warm and fuzzy vibe from Sydney. I dont think he's one to sacrifice personal stats for the sake of W's. My gut says this will manifest, SOON.

That hit Sidney took at the end of the CHI game on his game-winning catch looked pretty sacrificial. This is also the same Sidney that has to be held out of practice because they're afraid he'll hurt himself with how hard he's trying. If he's going to be a malcontent, he's certainly taking a roundabout way of getting there.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":1oit3zyg said:
pehawk":1oit3zyg said:
I dont get a warm and fuzzy vibe from Sydney. I dont think he's one to sacrifice personal stats for the sake of W's. My gut says this will manifest, SOON.

That hit Sidney took at the end of the CHI game on his game-winning catch looked pretty sacrificial. This is also the same Sidney that has to be held out of practice because they're afraid he'll hurt himself with how hard he's trying. If he's going to be a malcontent, he's certainly taking a roundabout way of getting there.

Was me not saying I have nothing to base it on, and admitting I could be wrong not enough? Care to add anything to the question?

redhawk253

Reaction score
Bipolar":avwfj239 said:
Mike Wallace is going to be cost prohibitive since we have Rice and Miller under fat contracts already.

I really think that drafting a #1 WR is truly the way to go.

I dont think you can lump miller into the WR slot like that.. he plays TE and im pretty sure TE has its own CAP numbers when a team is considering contracts. Rice makes 9.2mill each of the next 2 seasons but none of the other wide receivers on our team have considerably large contracts.. if wallace can be signed and structured right it gives us flexibility with rice's contract.. yeah he was critical to the seahawks this year but not 8 million dollars critical and i dont think he will be that big next year either.. in all honesty hes more like a 4-5 mill a year player and he should restructure as such if he wants to stay on a competetive team. also i saw something in his contract about probowl escalator of $3 million.. dont know how that works but if he ever got there his contract would start to become very prohibitive.

also drafting a number 1 wr isn't as simple as you make it sound.. everyone keeps saying "i want cordarelle patterson" because he was projected to us early in the season on one of the first mock drafts out there and everyone saw his amazing highlight videos on youtube.. well he's not as unknown of a player anymore and all he's done in the past couple months is climb draft rankings.. he will be gone in the top 15 so people need to stop dreaming about him in the 25th spot... not to mention what we truly need in seattle is defensive line help.. our number 1 should be used on a dt if one is available at the spot.. if not a de.. i'd even go offensive line before i went for a wr at this point. there are so many wr options in this years free agent market its almost silly to think about drafting one early

to respond to the op, i think these would be two great additions and would then give us some flexibility in the draft. wallace is the guy i've been scoping all season for next year.. i've had him in fantasy the last several years so i've watched him quite a bit eventho i hate the stealer's he's just seemed to fall into my lap and its been interesting rooting for wallace while hoping the stealers lose lol... but what i've gained from watching him is seeing a very underrated receiver by everyone.. he has the speed to stretch any defense but isnt a one trick pony by any means.. the kid can run every route on the field.. and he's been playing sandlot ball with the rapeist for years so he would be a good player for rw to extend plays with. glen dorsey i havent followed much but i like what youre saying about him.

Largent80

Reaction score
I would love to see us add a burner WR. If it is in FA, then Wallace is a great target. However, I don't think the F.O> will go that route at WR.

They may jump into the DT/DE F.A. pool here and I couldn't say who they may target, but a few have already been discussed. Starks would be awesome.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think Melton and Wallace would be the players who allow for BPA.

Don't think it will happen, but they would fill our biggest needs.

GoHawks

Reaction score
DT - Randy Starks, DE - Osi Umenyora

Starks & Umenyora - neither is the youth movement, but may be a bridge to whomever we pick up in the draft @ DT/DE,
minimal contract - yrs/$'s. Umenyora - Hawks had interest in the past

I think there is more depth/quality of talent at WR position beyond the 1st round than is likely at the DT/DE positions, so acquiring these
players in FA, would give us the most flexibility depending how the draft falls to take BPA at a given position of need

my 2cents

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
I think two d lineman would make it possible to just take BPA. Personally I would love Melton, but don't find it possible, so I would say Starks, and a D end like Krueger (not sure if I spelled that right), Osi, or Johnson. If this happens I would hope they take BPA, and that best player would be DeAndre Hopkins.

SDHawk

Reaction score
Greatest NEEDS: Pass Rushing DT and OLB
Greatest WANTS: Situational Deep Threat at WR and Joker TE

DT: Desmond Bryant, Randy Starks and Richard Seymour
OLB: Anthony Spencer, Connor Barwin
WR: Mike Wallace, Greg Jennings
TE: Jared Cook, Fred Davis

Of these guys, I only see Desmond Bryant and Jared Cook as realistic possibilities.

BTW, not sure why everyone thinks we need another marquee receiver. I think if we can get Jared Cook, the need for a full time WR is diminished to situational deep threat only. Wilson makes even marginally talented receivers look all-pro.

@pehawk:
I totally see what you're saying about Syndey Rice. Rice was pretty demonstrative on a couple occasions where he felt he was open but didn't get the ball. Several times he would throw up his hands and shake his head or throw his mouth-piece. There's plenty of reasons to like Rice's game... I just don't think he's totally sold on the Seahawks/RW3... Tate on the other hand... I have no doubts Golden would take a bullet for his QB.

Largent80

Reaction score
We actually have needs at both DT and DE because Clems injury makes his status totally questionable.

Need at OLB, need at nickel CB.

SDHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":38ztcjdm said:
We actually have needs at both DT and DE because Clems injury makes his status totally questionable.

Need at OLB, need at nickel CB.

This is probably why getting a versatile DLman is a good way to go. Randy Starks and Richard Seymour fit the bill though they dont jibe with the youth movement. Kawann Short in the draft would be great, too.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
On the Sydney thing, it's not just that. A few interviews caught my attention. There's some flat bazaar twitter stuff too. Even during the pro bowl, there was an exchange that looked to me like Baldwin was mocking Rice's view of Wilson. It seemed fairly obvious.

But, hey, I admit, I never liked the Rice signing. I'm biased over some stuff he did while a Viking. So, that could totally be tainting (hehe) my viewpoint.

SDHawk

Reaction score
Also, does anyone else feel there is a total deficiency of LBs in both FA and the draft?

I'm intrigued by CJ Mosley, though he's returning for his senior season.

All these other guys in the draft... Jarvis Jones, Alec Ogletree, Khaseem Greene, Arthur Brown, Jelani Jenkins, etc etc... they all kinda fall flat in my opinion. I would almost rather take Matt Elam at SS and move Kam to OLB than take one of those mediocre OLB in the first couple rounds.