Hasselbeck

Reaction score
First 5 picks are as follows:

1 (25) - DT Sharrif Floyd - Florida
2 (58) - WR Terrance Williams - Baylor
3 (89) - LEO Brandon Jenkins - Florida State
4 (122) - TE Gavin Escobar - San Diego State
5 (133) - OLB Zaviar Gooden - Mizzou

I doubt anything close to this happens, but if it did.. how would you like it?

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2geqk01x said:
No to Williams.

I should mention, I was trying hard to trade up for DeAndre Hopkins who somehow slipped to the mid-50's.

pehawk

Reaction score
And, I bet that trade involved Wilson, huh?

Flynn-lover...

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pehawk":33nxyq06 said:
And, I bet that trade involved Wilson, huh?

Flynn-lover...

Nah. For a 2?

I was selling him off for 2016 7th rounders.

Flynn-4-ever

pehawk

Reaction score
I REALLY hated Wright from Baylor last year, and as usual, was dead wrong. So, I'm open to Williams.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":3e1tostx said:
Williams is the ultimate body catcher.

I think he can be coached up... kid is an athletic freak like Patterson.

That said - I'd probably prefer Hopkins over him.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":18ijsvs4 said:
Hasselbeck":18ijsvs4 said:
peachesenregalia":18ijsvs4 said:
No to Williams.

I should mention, I was trying hard to trade up for DeAndre Hopkins who somehow slipped to the mid-50's.

Right, if you took Floyd over Hopkins at #25, then i've no more use for you.

I understand that you HATE Russell Wilson, but this is just ridiculous.

Im pretty sure he admitted he was wrong and no longer hates Russell. Half this site was anti Wilson at one point...he was just outspoken about it. Just because you dislike his mock draft doesn't mean you should treat him poorly. Its just a mock, calm down bro.

pehawk

Reaction score
T-Sizzle, or it could be peaches going with a joke that Hasselbeck is in on himself. Hasselbeck, the poster, is a keeper because he can laugh at himself a bit and goes with the occasional dig.

Just because you have the personality and humor of a Harbaugh, doesn't mean we all do, sweetie.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Floyd & Escobar would be complete steals at their respective draft positions and would be instant contriburs. Floyd in particular can play 3 spots on the DL, and do so at a very high level. Not to mention, he's only 20 years old. Escobar, IMO, is a better receiving threat than Eifert. Eifert high points the ball as well as anybody, but he lacks natural spearation skills and his blocking is non-existent. Not that Escobar is a good blocker, but I did see consistent effort (hugely underrated aspect of blocking). Escobar also is surprisingly agile, to go along with really nice top end speed (though not a burner) and I was surprised to see how natural he was catching the ball. Really underrated prospect IMO, and I wouldn't be shocked to see him go top 40.

Gooden is a freak and could become a great WIL with tutelage under Norton. You can't teach those physical gifts (legit 4.4 speed). I don't love Jenkins, but I see the potential value there by taking advantage of the injury. My only concern with him (probably unfair) is that I see a lot of Everette Brown in him (similarly undersized FSU DE).

I really dislike the Williams pick, however. I think the perceived value is fine, but I just don't think much of Williams. Body catcher, not very competitive, struggles with route running, and really not the blazer he's made out to be (thinking a 4.5 guy). I'm usually not one to rag on a prospect, but he's really got some glaring shortcomings/weaknesses that can make him a literal non-factor in the NFL, let alone a merely average WR. It's starts with his inability to run anything but a go route. Route running can be taught, but he seemed to lack flexibility to make clean cuts/breaks (noted during Sr Bowl week when forced to run an actual route tree). I'm sure he can improve in this area, but I liken it to teaching a SS with bad hands to turn a double play. Sure, he will improve, but there are also limitations when you have bad hands (bad hips).

I know I spent a majority of focus (negatively) on Williams, but he's one of those prospects IMO, who really, really worries me about his transition to the pro game. I see a guy who will take at least 2 years before he can do anything but "go deep." Other than that, superlative draft. I love Floyd and he would actually be my #1 DT due to upside, motor, versatility, and youth. Escobar is my favorite receiving prospect (combo of draft value/upside).

McGruff

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":takrpgvk said:
Hasselbeck":takrpgvk said:
peachesenregalia":takrpgvk said:
No to Williams.

Right, if you took Floyd over Hopkins at #25, then i've no more use for you.

I understand that you HATE Russell Wilson, but this is just ridiculous.

JMO, but Floyd is a better player with more upside at a greater need position compared to Hopkins.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think Floyd is going to end up top 15, but I hope I am wrong. As good as that kid looks, he is only 20.

EMTHawkfan

Reaction score
More than happy with those selections given the rounds they were taken in...

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3b5mr6js said:
I think Floyd is going to end up top 15, but I hope I am wrong. As good as that kid looks, he is only 20.

Yep...you can take that to the bank. And quite honestly, if he got to 15, I would sincerely consider trading up to get him. I know it's a big sacrifice, but he's the type of DL you can build around. Sure, he's not a 12 sack Suh type, but you can literally put him anywhere and you will get top notch effort with a lot of natural ability to go with it. He could be a 1, 3, or 5 and do so, at a high level. And like you said, he's not even 21 yet. That's rare for a DL.

If you can't tell, I'm on the bandwagon.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2aldfab3 said:

I agree he has a super high potential but the experts said that DT-Amobi Akoye was a no fail prospect and after 5 seasons he's still only 25 and hasn't really proven his draft position value yet.

The only pick I don't like from those above is WR- Brandon Williams, I don't think the team would select him.

JMO but McGruff is right and Floyd offers a higher value to the team than Hopkins @ 25.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":35hoykk7 said:
Pay attention, T-Snizzle.

Hasselbeck knows I jest.

Also, Radish's real name is Matt and AbsolutNET's real name is Les.

And JSeahawks' real name is Mark.
Who's Anthony?

pehawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3kqm8wl0 said:
peachesenregalia":3kqm8wl0 said:

Hasselbeck knows I jest.

Who's Anthony?

Anthony used to own this site. The dude with all the hair.

Throwdown

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1ntbeowy said:

Hasselbeck knows I jest.

Can My real name be Dikembe?

pehawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":t8otnma5 said:
peachesenregalia":t8otnma5 said:

Hasselbeck knows I jest.

Can My real name be Dikembe?

Lie on your back, clutching a basketball in the coliseum and we'll talk.

Best part of that series was The Glove refusing to recognize Chris Jackson's muslim name. Just kept saying "C'mon, Chris"