Kenjon Barner RB

Chawker

Reaction score
Kenjon Barner RB Oregon 5'11" 195

Tremendous production running & receiving at Oregon and succeeding though out his career. Highly awarded, runs with speed, power and the passion to compete in the NFL.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Power? When?

I love Barner and I wouldnt draft him. Unless its to be just a 3rd down back.

And just out of curiosity, what awards has he won to be highly awarded?

Throwdown

Reaction score
lol Wow, J doesn't want a Duck? what would you say about DeAnthony Thomas?

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3tzjxu7i said:
Power? When?

I love Barner and I wouldnt draft him. Unless its to be just a 3rd down back.

And just out of curiosity, what awards has he won to be highly awarded?

•Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week (at USC)
•Walter Camp Football Foundation national offensive player of the week (at USC)
•College Football Performance Award national running back of the week (at USC, vs. Washington State)

•Pac-10 Player of the Week (Offense vs. New Mexico)
•CFPA Punt Returner Performer of the Week (at Tennessee)
•Paul Hornung Performance of the Week (vs. New Mexico, at Tennessee)

•2nd Team all-Pac-10 (Phil Steele Publications, Rivals.com)
•Pac-10 all-Freshman (Sporting News)
•All-Pac-10 Honorable Mention (Pac-10 Coaches)
•Pac-10 Player of the Week (Special Teams at UCLA)

And as for the power, 21 rushing TDs in 2013. Game day bucket go boom. lol

Snohomie

Reaction score
Yeah... TDs don't equal power, especially not for Oregon. And that list of awards is pretty "meh", to be honest.

I could see Barner developing into a good 3rd down back. But IMO he's like Michael Bennett. Track star speed and acceleration, but he doesn't have the leg drive to break tackles or the shiftiness to avoid them. If he learns to pass protect at a decent level, he will have some value (although not much value for a top-100 pick). But I don't think he has much of a future as a starter.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":1w88hd9c said:

I would take him in the first round and watch him score 15 touchdowns a season for the next decade. If DeSean Jackson and Wes Welker had a baby and fed them speed pills for his first 18 years of his life, that baby would turn into DeAnthony Thomas.

He might slip out of the first round but if he does it will be because of his size just like Russell Wilson and he'll make people look like idiots in the same way that Russell has.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":1oz1j25c said:

DAT will be a better version of what the Vikings are doing with Harvin. If we get the chance to draft him, you tell Golden thanks for the memories, learn to play outside.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":3a9y8m1y said:

Actually the only duck i've ever REALLY badly wanted the Seahawks to draft was LaMichael James. And this year Kiko Alonso. And next year De'Anthony and Colt Lyerla. (i'll be really interested to see who gets drafted first between Lyerla and Austin Sefarian Jenkins... i think they're both going to be GREAT NFL tight ends. I think ASJ will be like Tony Gonzales and Lyerla will be like Gronk. Personally i'd rather have the more beastly/athletic Lyerla, but like i said both will be great.)

But for the most part i havnt really been big on trying to draft Ducks in the past.

CPHawk

Reaction score
McGruff":qxpn52nn said:
Oregon doesn't score with power . . . They score with speed.

Our skill guys sure, but I think you would get an argument from the oline. BTW the duck I really want this year is Kyle Long, who is as big and physical as any oline around at 6'7 315.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
JSeahawks":s529r2kl said:
But for the most part i haven't really been big on trying to draft Ducks in the past.
Max Unger is working out pretty well, fwiw.

knownone

Reaction score
Thomas is a fringe 1st rounder. The guy weighs what 165? How many players succeed at that size? Desean Jackson is comparable but he's 3 inches taller, with an incredibly wingspan for his height.
I can see him being successful as a gadget player (Darren Sproles) but 15 tds a season?

CPHawk

Reaction score
knownone":3986q3zg said:
Thomas is a fringe 1st rounder. The guy weighs what 165? How many players succeed at that size? Desean Jackson is comparable but he's 3 inches taller, with an incredibly wingspan for his height.
I can see him being successful as a gadget player (Darren Sproles) but 15 tds a season?

He was 176 this year, 165 coming out of HS. Still not big, but I can see him playing in the NFL at 185 or so.

gmor

Reaction score
knownone":17owmg0p said:

So the size of the dog in the fight is the most important? The guy is money.

two dog

Reaction score
Barner-No,no,no.
Thomas-Yes,yes, yes.

Honestly, Barner out of that system looks like a different guy.
His post season tour has not been impressive.

Thomas is one of those other-worldly athletes that don't come
around often.
Tavon Austin seems to appeal to a lot of people at, what, 165 lbs.?
Thomas will play bigger, run faster and add value as a scary special teamer.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I'd love this kid.. I think we could use a change of pace speed guy out of the backfield. Leon Washington isn't getting any younger either

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":35zddxzf said:
I'm sorry, I'd love this kid.. I think we could use a change of pace speed guy out of the backfield. Leon Washington isn't getting any younger either

does that have anything to do wtih him putting up 300 yards on your team this year? :)

two dog

Reaction score
JSeahawks":38x2ovxi said:
Hasselbeck":38x2ovxi said:

does that have anything to do wtih him putting up 300 yards on your team this year? :)

You gotta pay SOME attention to a guy that hangs 300 on you.
With a 92 yard return in the pro bowl, Leon looks over the hill.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2yd716yb said:
Hasselbeck":2yd716yb said:

With all due respect, you, Pehawk and I could run for 100 on USC's D last year :D

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Couple thoughts...

Barner: Don't see anything to get really excited about. IMO, nothing he does translates to the NFL very well. Great college player, but the kind that will struggle in the NFL. Just my opinion, and definitely not saying anybody is "wrong" about him, as none of us are GMs.

DAT: Really exciting player and quite honestly I see him as a Poor Man's Percy Harvin. Harvin is bigger, stronger, and has similar speed & start/stop ability. Harvin is a more natural WR as well. I don't see a 1st rounder when I watch DAT, strictly because he is so small and doesn't have a true position. Tavon Austin is a smaller guy, but he's built really well and is a true WR. I think DAT has a place in the NFL, but he needs a special OC to tailor plays to him. That's a really big thing to ask for a 1st rounder.

Again, just my opinions, but I see these guys in the same light as Pat White, Steve Slaton, etc...great college players who fit a specific scheme, but are not guys who can really last in the NFL game. Now, I know the NFL game is adapting college concepts, but NFL players are still big, strong, fast, and physical. We saw in the playoffs, that big, physical teams are still "in."

Latest posts