Star Lotulelei

skater18000

Reaction score
Just watched some tape on the guy, and of course I am impressed with him, as he will be a top 10 or even top 5 pick. If Pete finally fell in love with a player enough to trade up for him, what would it take to trade up with a team such as Jacksonville, Oakland, Cleveland, Buffalo, NY Jets and for the 25th pick and QB2 and maybe another pick. I'd Love doing that!!!

What I think it would take to get him:

Hawks Receive:

Top 10 Pick to take Star Lotulelei

Trade Partner Receives:

25th Overall Pick

Quarterback Matt Flynn

3rd Round Pick

What do you think it would take to get him?

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
While I'd be all for that trade idea, I don't think that's realistic. In essence, you are giving Flynn almost 1st round value (next year) in that package. Jumping up that high will definitely cost us our 1st rounder next year. Unless it's a QB (we don't need obvi), I don't see the value of sacrificing multiple 1st rounders for a non-QB.

sainthawk29

Reaction score
It will be interesting. It all depends on how he performs in the combine. Star is a top 5 talent, but can be lazy.

If he shows up, it could solidify him as a top 5 pick, (my guess is he will be a Raider) and would probably be untouchable. If he doesn't he could drop to 8-10 and could be had. Not sure Seattle will do that tho.

He has a skill set that is comparable to Suh, but doesn't play with the same edge or motivation. It shows up in spurts, and when it does, he is absolutely dominant. But, it not something historically Utah had been able to count on.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Lotulielie can disappear for long periods and what little I watchd him, he was not impressive, at all.

However, I think the Raiders could be a trade up partner because they need a QB, and IIRC, their GM was with Green Bay.

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
Star would be the BPA @ 10 regardless of who's there...

JKent82

Reaction score
Not really that interested in Lotulelei. Also we would need to give up more than that in my opinion. 15 spots or so is worth more than a third and Flynn I think.

I don't see any of the DT or DE prospects going in that range as being that special or a perfect fit for our defense. And I don't think we should trade up for a wide receiver, linebacker, or tight end (not that any TE's deserve to go then anyways) just due to positional value. I think all three of those spots can be found later in the draft. I like the some of OT/OG in that range, or Dee Milliner if he were to fall, but we hardly need to invest a 1st after trading up to the spot.

I'd rather not spend the extra draft capital to get that high in the draft.

My thoughts recently, based entirely off Rob's piece on Khaseem Greene, are to trade back from #25 to early second and trade up from #55 into the mid second. Pick up Khaseem Greene and one of the top TE's. Draft more upside defensive lineman along coupled with some FA additions to bolster it now.

Latest posts