Kyle Long?

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
I was looking at some mocks around the net some mentioned Howie' other kid Kyle Long from the Ducks....don't know much about him looks ok on this film. Maybe one of you Duck fans could share more about him, thoughts on drafting him, what round value etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o5PkwO67vE

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If it were more of a need I would be good with taking him as high as the 2nd round. Can play both tackle and guard. In that video he was playing tackle but I personally think he was at his best once he was starting at guard for the last 5 or so games of the season (a duck fan i know who i have a lot of respect for in his evaluation has said that Long has short arms for a tackle. I also really like his mobility at guard where he can quickly get to the 2nd level, can pull and trap and all that fun stuff). I would bet that he's going to be the most athletic o'linemen at the combine so will probably shoot up draft boards. I like him, and think he's going to be a great pro but I dont think the Seahawks need o'linemen bad enough to take him where he would need to be drafted.

I dont have an espn insider account or anything but i've read that McShay now has him as a borderline first round guy.

Another ultra athletic offensive linemen that i really like is Menelik Watson from Florida State. He's from England and doesnt have a ton of experience playing football but he's an amazing athlete and dominates physically. Seems like a perfect Tom Cable project.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Espn has him now as a fringe 1st rounder. If TE NCAA had given him one more year, he would have been a top 20 pick next year IMO. Honestly he just hasn't played enough football yet, but Howie says he's the best athlete of the bunch. 6'7 315 and was throwing 97 mph fastball at Florida St until deciding to go into the family business.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'd love drafting this kid, but I'm with J. He's going to go too high in the draft for us.