NFL.COM mock Draft 2.0

DannyMcGwire

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/165100

They have us picking Keenan Allen
Russell Wilson was outstanding last season, and it only makes sense to continue to surround him with playmakers. Allen isn't going to test well in Indy and could easily fall into Pete Carroll's lap with this selection.

Info from NFL.COM on Allen

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/keenan-allen?id=2540154

BOTTOM LINE A smooth outside pass-catcher, Allen has the height, speed and ability to win jump balls required of a number-one target in the NFL; the first-team All-Pac 12 pick in 2011 caught most of his 98 passes for 1,343 yards and 11 scores in 2011 from lefty quarterback Zach Maynard, who happens to be his half-brother. Maynard’s play regressed in 2012, however, causing Allen’s production to fall off his junior season. He still displayed all the same skills and talents he showcased during his uber-productive sophomore season, and he figures to go in the top 25 selections if his knee and ankle check out medically.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Keenan Allens 2011 season being described as "uber-productive" with 98 catches for 1343 yards (13.7-ypc) and 11 TD's - Really? If that is what is called uber-productive, what is this guy?

In the upcoming draft there is a WR that was pretty darn "productive" in 2012 with 114 catches for 1622 yards (14.2-ypc) and 25 TD's. This "production" included 4 games with over 100 yards, 2 games with over 200 yards and 1 game with over 300 yards. The 25 TD's was the highest receiving total for any skill player this year by far (Hopkins was 2-nd with 18). Obviously this guy can play in the "stretch the field" and "red zone" productivity modes. Too bad the kid is only 5-10, if he were a couple of inches taller he'd be a top 10 pick. Sounds kinda familiar. (Steadman Bailey, WR, W. Virginia, now looking like a 3-rd round pick.)

I'm not saying I don't like Keenan Allen, because I do, however his knee injury, drop in production in his senior year and the fact he'll cost a 1-st round pick all add up to a pass for me. If the Seahawks pick a WR early in the draft, I'd expect that to happen in rounds 3 (or maybe 2) and many of the good WR's will be gone.

osprey3263

Reaction score
The Seahawks should select oregon state;s Markus Wheaton
and Eastern Washington's Brandon Kaufmann

lukerguy

Reaction score
He also has Shariff Floyd over Star Lotulelei just because he heard one GM had him in his top 10..

aawolf

Reaction score
I admit, though I would normally NEVER recomend drafting a WR in the first round (so many busts, so few sure things), you guys have convinced me of Deandre Hopkins as a legit first round pick for the Hawks. No other reciever though, including Allen or a tight end. I'm still against reaching for a WR in the first round except for Hopkins. Same philosophy goes in fantasy drafts--never draft a WR until the third round because they are hit and miss and injury prone.

drrew

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":293t9gmx said:
In the upcoming draft there is a WR that was pretty darn "productive" in 2012 with 114 catches for 1622 yards (14.2-ypc) and 25 TD's. This "production" included 4 games with over 100 yards, 2 games with over 200 yards and 1 game with over 300 yards. The 25 TD's was the highest receiving total for any skill player this year by far (Hopkins was 2-nd with 18). Obviously this guy can play in the "stretch the field" and "red zone" productivity modes. Too bad the kid is only 5-10, if he were a couple of inches taller he'd be a top 10 pick. Sounds kinda familiar. (Steadman Bailey, WR, W. Virginia, now looking like a 3-rd round pick.)

Jordan White had 140 receptions and 1900 yards in 2011
Greg Salas had 119 and 1890 in 2010
Freddie Barnes had 155 and 1770 in 2009

Stedman Bailey may very well turn into an outstanding NFL wide receiver, but unless the three names I listed are starring in some other football league, production in the college game doesn't necessarily have any correlation to success in the professional football.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
lukerguy":lq2zcegb said:
He also has Shariff Floyd over Star Lotulelei just because he heard one GM had him in his top 10..
Yeah, I would just dismiss anything Daniel Jeremiah says, his experience working in scouting for two different NFL teams probably doesn't help him form his own opinions. :roll:

gwinnUSAF77

Reaction score
drrew":14ri4htk said:
CamanoIslandJQ":14ri4htk said:

Jordan White had 140 receptions and 1900 yards in 2011
Greg Salas had 119 and 1890 in 2010
Freddie Barnes had 155 and 1770 in 2009

Stedman Bailey may very well turn into an outstanding NFL wide receiver, but unless the three names I listed are starring in some other football league, production in the college game doesn't necessarily have any correlation to success in the professional football.

None of those guys played vs BCS caliber talent week after week, like Steady B did. Sorry my WVU homer is coming out. He has the best hands in this draft BAR NONE!