With the 25th pick..

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
If we fulfill our 3tech need by fa ( Dorsey, Melton, Starks, Bryant) do we draft Fluker obviously to fill our need but also to play keep away from the niners? Imagine him at RG for them..

osprey3263

Reaction score
no I would rather the seahawks draft the best wide reciever availble here and draft ot Ricky wagner in round 3

hawksman53

Reaction score
hopefully we can get Starks to want to play here after playing in Miami. I would love to fill some holes with FA so we can get some BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE picks in the draft!!!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Drafting an offensive lineman is the safe choice for most fans. The safe choice this year is not going to propel the team to the Super Bowl. They need to cash a lottery ticket.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I would not be surprised at all if they drafted a O line player if they have him rated super high and he drops to them. Perhaps the value would be too much to ignore, especially if they address other needs in FA.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I honestly can't see us drafting OL in round 1 unless it's a ridiculously easy decision (ie Warmack or Cooper magically dropped).

Personally, I don't think Fluker can play OT in the NFL. Meaning, he has to play RG. I know that Moffit hasn't been awesome and that Sweazy is really new to the position, but I think both are more than capable of being good RGs (not great). I am actually really interested in seeing if Sweazy can become an RT (I actually think this is the plan). He is the most athletic lineman on the team, and I honestly think it's easier for him to transfer to RT as opposed to a player who is used to only playing on the left side (ie James Carpenter, who struggled at RT).

Additionally, I don't think you should ever draft with another team in mind. That's a sign of panic and a lack of conviction in what you do. Now, it's one thing to build a roster to win your division, it's another to draft a player in order for another team not to get him.

Quite honestly, I have no idea who we will draft. I do know this, I am very concerned about the idea of drafting the 6th best DT, if Ertz, Hopkins, etc are still on the board. I know drafting a pass catcher in R1 worries people, but would you rather have the pick of the litter with very good pass catchers? Or the left overs from the DT class?

sutz

Reaction score
OL sounds so.......unnecessary this season. Frankly, so does WR.

:229031_shrug:

If there is no good value DL/passrush prospect at DL when we pick, I would rather trade out of RD 1 for some extra picks on Day 2-3.

canfan

Reaction score
With the 25th pick.....we will without a doubt, pick somebody not mentioned in this thread.

ivotuk

Reaction score
canfan":oa76gqnv said:
With the 25th pick.....we will without a doubt, pick somebody not mentioned in this thread.

So...it could be me right?! Oh damn it! I just blew that by mentioning myself...damn it! Damn it!

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
canfan":2armo16l said:

I hope you're wrong...

Cordarelle Patterson will be an absolute stud in the NFL. If we address the DL in FA and CP is still there at 25, we woul be foolish to pass on him.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
IMO- if we don't go D-line (and I hope we don't) in the first we really need to get another weapon for RW. In fact is there a tilt the field type guy that would stick from day one for the D-line or would it be a solid rotational-type addition available at 25? I would rather address the D-line in FA or later in the draft (rotational type) and then go get a lethal offensive weapon that is so much better than what we have he will stick and play from day one. Don't really care about the position just need someone that Russell can use that can blow the game up on any given play. I know that may be asking too much but I think if we can start faster on O this year our D, as is, will be much better if playing with a huge lead. Just my 2 cents...

Latest posts