Who do we pick and why in this scenario ? (Long)

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
If we fill the 3tech need by free agency, and lose branch
Do we pick Greene, Fluker, Okafor, Short, or J Williams?
( I didn't include the top WR, DE, DT as I think they will be gone)

Points / Counterpoints

1/ Greene - I think seamless fit in our defense. Smart, athletic student of the game and good locker room presence. We may be able to trade up with our second pick and get him.
I like Malcom Smith a lot... Not sure if the team sees him as a starter. Would there be a large enough upgrade between these two to justify a first on Greene?

2/ Fluker- Wow! Love him at RT and especially how he gets to the second level. I know he is a mauler but I think he is agile enough to fit in our ZBS. He will not be there when we pick in the second and possibly the first. I DO NOT want him to go to the Niners - I think he would be their RG ( Iupati /Fluker). I think Giacomi did very well the second half of the season however. If drafted, could be a huge upgrade at RG. However, is Warford (KY) after a great Senior bowl game that far behind Fluker? I think we would have to trade up into early second to get him.

3/ Okafor - I've never seen him play so I would appreciate input. I know he showed good burst off the edge at the senior bowl. I get Lawrence Jackson vibes when I read about him though. He apparently has a great build , long arms and heavy hands.

4/ Short - Good burst, strength and motor. Do we expect a large impact fom the 5-6 th rated DT though?

5/ Jesse Williams - Would love him to anchor our Defensive line. Would fill a large gap if Branch leaves.

So, here's who I think we pick and why...

With the 25th pick the Seahawks select.... DJ Fluker

Trade up in the second round ( which may involve Flynn) to draft Jessie Williams (Plan A) or Greene ( Plan B).

I think there are plenty of solid players and super sleepers (which have been discussed elsewhere) at WR ,DE / DT, and TE for Schneider / Carroll to nab.

Go Seahawks!!

Latest posts