UGA LB Alec Ogletree stock dropping

Trrrroy

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see if the Hawks take a chance on him if available. Irvin and McCoy both had red flags but Carroll had personal experience with them prior to the draft. He doesn't have that with Ogletree.

kearly

Reaction score
This could get interesting. Wonder where his stock will end up after he lights up the combine.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Yesssss! Come to Papa!! I would just love to get him on our team to round out the Linebackers....

chris98251

Reaction score
Well he has a drug bust and a DUI, just needs domestic violence and he would be a perfect Hill replacement :)

getnasty

Reaction score
Olgetree is a freak, i would love if the hawks picked him up. Not only would the hawks have the best secondary in the league but i think they would have the best LB core in the league. He's fast, can cover, blitz, and there's a need. I think he's the only none DT,DE i take in round 1.

GCrow

Reaction score
Color me rather intrigued as well, by these developments.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
If the rumors about Moore not receiving a 1st round grade and Ogletree falling I would be ecstatic about being in position for either one. Ogletree at WLB or Moore at LEO end or possibly Irvin's spot with Irvin starting would be sweet.

skater18000

Reaction score
12th_Bob":2cwys4g2 said:
If the rumors about Moore not receiving a 1st round grade and Ogletree falling I would be ecstatic about being in position for either one. Ogletree at WLB or Moore at LEO end or possibly Irvin's spot with Irvin starting would be sweet.

That could work. I'm in love with Moore.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I could not understand why so many writers were treating his 4 game suspension like it was barely worth the key strokes, when it is kind of a big deal.
And now a DUI?
I have been on the same plank as J, great athlete who plays football, but not instinctively. No thanks.

chris98251

Reaction score
Didn't we have one of these types before, Curry was his name a great athlete but not instinctive or too bright about the game. Give me the Peterson great athlete but knows the game type.

Not comparing off field stuff just football.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
Mason Foster was a better prospect than Ogletree and he went in the 3rd round. Sometimes the draft "experts" have no clue.

cover-2

Reaction score
We have strong leadership on our defense which could be a deciding factor as to why Coach Carroll would draft Ogletree. I remember reading that the front office passed on selecting Jimmy Williams (Raves 1st pick in 2011) because they didn't think we had the leadership on defense to keep Williams knucklehead ways in check.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I never understood all the hype with Ogletree. I've watched about 8 games of his so far and besides a few good plays, he fails to show enough instincts and technique for me to think he was worth even a first round grade let alone top-10 which I've seen. His stock was due for a big-time drop with or without another incident like this.

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2kn51nkn said:
IMO, tremendous athlete, not that good of a football player, and apparently not very smart. No thanks.

I have cooled off quite a bit on him as well, but I still see him as being a Pete Carroll type of player since Arthur Brown and Bobby Wagner were more athletes than linebackers as well. Brown was highly praised by Carroll coming out of college. While I have a growing list of reservations about Ogletree, I'd trust Pete if he made that choice, because with just a little time Ogletree will be a better LB under Carroll than he was at Georgia.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
As a weakside linebacker he has limitless potential. It's just whether you believe he can deliver on that potential.

McGruff

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3h6dho5t said:
As a weakside linebacker he has limitless potential. It's just whether you believe he can deliver on that potential.

And whether you think a weakside linebacker of any potential is worth our top pick.

Latest posts