Looking at the Mocks

chris98251

Reaction score
I was going thru several and there appears to be a trend, O lineman, LB's, then D line, an occational QB CB at the top, a WR I have seen typically 2 maybe three drafted at all first round.

Where there seems to be very few home runs there are a lot of doubles and triples in this draft, I know everyone likes marquee type players, but those are very few this year. We have like 65 days or so for things to shake out, I would not be surprised if a lot of players fall well into the third round that were ranked high at the end of the college season as teams have a large group to choose from and the balance is there to select need and player with a average of the same rankings.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, I get the feeling this might be a perfect draft for John & Pete. They don't care much about 'marquee' players anyway, and having a load of talent in later rounds is right in their wheelhouse. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
This is the kind of draft that can set you up depth wise for 5 to 7 years to solidify a long run, we have a lot of picks this year as well. Won't be a impact draft for starters I don't think, but could be a quiet draft that is overlooked till well down the road, as guys leave or retire and we have step in players ready.

kearly

Reaction score
chris98251":2zeh5sdq said:
Where there seems to be very few home runs there are a lot of doubles and triples in this draft

Good analogy. There may not be a Von Miller or Ndamukong Suh this year, but there are plenty of great players that deserve more appreciation. A bases loaded triple scores 3 runs, and a bases loaded double can also clear the bases. Hell, the most revered hit in Mariners history was a double. Extra base hits are very, very valuable, even if they lack the sex appeal of the home run. If feel the same way about players like Werner and Hopkins. They might not be hall of famers, but they will be very good players that could strongly contribute to a championship team.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Is there a sacrifice fly opportunity out there that nobody is mentioning?