Tyrann Mathieu could fit PERFECTLY in a Seahawks defense.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
The Defense the Seahawks have now looks eerily similar to LSU's defense, 2 seasons ago when Tyrann was in the Heisman running and finished 3rd.
Two top flight corners, bringing Tyrann at nickle let him roam around and make plays, thats what he does. The year LSU went undefeated they could have easily lost 2 or 3 games alone had Tyrann not gotten strips or fumbles or interceptions at key moments.
Hes not big enough nor is his coverage good enough to cover the elite receivers.
But taking a chance on him as a nickle could be a perfect fit.
with the L.O.B.
Bring tyrann in nickle and he could make plays, hes fast enough to cover ANY speedy receiver he'd have to cover. And his return skills are unreal for when Leon isnt around anymore.

His flaws are his character issues, and with a coach like pete, and the leaders on this team i dont think that would be an issue.

Does anyone think this could be a legitimate draft option for the Seahawks?
Maybe around late 3rd round or sometime in the 4th?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
He's 5'9 and failed, I think it was, seven drug tests in a row and never made good on any of his promises. No way we should even think about him before the 5th or 6th round.

What good is a "great" player if he never sees the field because he's always suspended?

pehawk

Reaction score
I think he would be too. He's a dynamic "it" type who adds depth through to FS, NCB and CB. He's also physical and plays taller because of the physicality.

OP
OP
S

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
he failed a drug test twice is what Les Said.
I dont think they should base it on if he gets in trouble or not.
When he gets drafted and if he messes up id cross that bridge when that happened.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Didn't Washington just legalize marijuana?? Im Just sayin!

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2uak0mox said:
FargoHawk":2uak0mox said:
Didn't Washington just legalize marijuana?? Im Just sayin!

Washington did. The NFL and the Federal government did not.

Neither did LSU and that didnt stop him.

Pass!

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Valuing a player and their character concerns are always tough to do as a fan since we never get the personal background info on those guys, but I love his style of play and his fit on this defense as a nickel guy. Count me in as someone who's willing to a chance with him. In what round I'll leave to the front office, but I think he's talented enough to land in the 2nd-3rd round without the off the field issues.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
Guys is dumb as bricks. Just because he had a knack as a rover in college doesn't mean he would succeed at a real position in the NFL. Especially with lots of money and free time on his hands.

OP
OP
S

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
He was a dumb college kid, but if the worst thing he does is smoke pot, and as long as he doesnt do it after being signed somewhere i dont think its that bad.
He moved in with Patrick Peterson and he was mentoring him for a while.

kearly

Reaction score
FWIW, Mathieu isn't all that great of a prospect. There was a report recently that said most NFL front offices grade him in round 4 or lower. Which is a relief to me, because when I was watching his videos last year I never figured out what all the fuss was about.

At a light weight and standing just 5'9", I don't see him fitting here. And John Schneider has so far avoided "big names" that slip into the late rounds.

OP
OP
S

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
I'd just love to have TM7 on this team. But im biased.
But i also genuinely think he'd fit a area on this team and upgrade it.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I agree. I like him or Nickell Robey as our starting nickel corner in 2013. Both are dynamic.

OP
OP
S

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
And hes been in good company...working out with Patrick Peterson, and Deion Sanders.
215 AC0CAEFCA911 8513 00000874A9CD876E zpsb3a8702d

IronSaint

Reaction score
If I were you guys, I'd stay far away from him. He's not worth the hype. As some of you stated, he was only good roaming around or blitzing, both from the nickel position. He can't cover a corner route (even in the nickel) to save his life. Re-watch the 2011 BCSCG and watch Darius Hanks from Alabama bring this kid to school and take his lunch money from him for 60 straight minutes.

Just so we're all clear, I'm not an LSU fan either despite being from Louisiana.

Roll Tide. :lol:

kendog2639

Reaction score
i def want this guy... especially if can be had in 4th rnd or later!! thats worth the risk especially with most our picks wont even make the team!!!

he looks good at the combine also.. 4.4s in 40 and he shows great ball skills getting up after the ball in drills

IM SOLD!!!

Latest posts