Chiefs willing to deal 1st overall

dukestar

Reaction score
What would you be willing to offer the Chiefs? Flynn plus next years first round (32nd overall) and this years first - or? How much do you think it would take?

Donk70

Reaction score
More than that I'm afraid. Personally, I don't see a absolute player that we have to have.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Thank god our front office isn't dumb enough to go for a move like that. There is absolutely NO reason to move into 1st and give up trades for it, this drafts first rounders are very equal this year, waste of resources.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
lol OP... really? That deal would probably move us from 25 to 10... nowhere near the 1st pick

OP
OP
D

dukestar

Reaction score
morgulon1":1k55rfqw said:
To the OP. Why do you want us to move into the overall number 1 spot?
To get first crack at the DE/DT that we need that can be a day 1 starter. I don't see it costing anything like last year given there is no standout franchise QB at 1 and 2. Plus we can afford to trade draft picks since our team is stacked as it is. No way we need 10 picks this year since many of those will likely never play a down for us.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
There's nothing to be had at the first overall pick that we couldn't get at about #15 (and Sheldon Richardson is the ONLY reason I would approve of a trade near that slot). Let the Whiners sell Alex and their future for it.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I'd offer them Heath Farwell, Heath Evans, Heath Ledger and a Heath bar and just be like "Your move, Dorsey."

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Uhh no. 11 5th round pickes are more valuable to this regime than a 1st overall pick in any Draft but especially this year. Look at the player's projected to go at the top. Our training camp competition will be insane this season. Can't wait!

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
This is not a top heavy draft, which is exactly why the Chiefs want to move down. All the teams in the top 5 probably do

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Has any .net proposed trade in the last 5 months NOT included Matt Flynn?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3fs7dfbk said:
This is not a draft that is worth moving up to the top 10, let alone #1 overall.

And that's exactly why the Chiefs are willing to trade the pick.
Which means that the value of the overall #1 pick isn't going to demand the same as it did to move up to get RGIII last year. Not you, FlyingGreg, but I think several fellow posters who responded jumped way too quickly on the original poster here. Too, perhaps the Hawks could be part of a 3-way trade that could move Flynn and bring a higher than #25 overall pick.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Considering he's our only realistic player trade chip, I think it makes sense to add him into any trade proposal. Whatever we can use to lower the cost of draft picks in whatever trade ends up happening. I wish Paul Allen would be allowed to Jay send straight cash homie haha buy our way through everything ;)

Subzero717

Reaction score
It's likely they would trade the first pick for a guy that will more than likely have next to no intrest so I say pull the trigger.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I don't expect the Hawks to move up, but it's a valid point that there are enough "resources" with 10 draft picks to think about moving up since it's going to be tougher this year for players to make the team. If the Seahawks really like a player they think is "the one" in the first round that is going to help them... I wouldn't be too surprised to see them make some sort of move to put them into a position to get that player. They have some chips with which to try to wheel and deal. Wasn't there talk of them possibly trying to move up to draft Mark Barron? Or, were they hoping he would fall to them?

It's an exciting time and this is an important off-season. The Hawks did well in 2012, but haven't won anything yet in 2013. Not the time to get complacent. I'm counting on JS and PC making championship moves. That doesn't necessarily mean "big splash", but very specific moves. Perhaps if they see a specific player in round 1 fitting perfectly into their plans... they'll try to make it happen. That wouldn't necessarily mean only KC or that #1 pick would be involved in some way. There's other teams that might want to move back in such a draft and it may not take as much as last year to do that. If so, forget it.

themunn

Reaction score
tubbs51":3jk19a7b said:
How much did the redskins give up this last year?

That plus more probably.

It's not the value of the position but the value of the player available - RGIII was viewed as a gamechanging QB (which hindsight has proven to be true, at least for one season).

This year there's no consensus 1st overall pick, and for that the value of the actual pick drops, certainly Flynn and a 1st round pick won't cut it, but maybe 2 1sts and Flynn would pique curiosity, and I'd jump all over such an opportunity.

OP
OP
D

dukestar

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":35vjbzqs said:
FlyingGreg":35vjbzqs said:
This is not a draft that is worth moving up to the top 10, let alone #1 overall.

And that's exactly why the Chiefs are willing to trade the pick.
Which means that the value of the overall #1 pick isn't going to demand the same as it did to move up to get RGIII last year. Not you, FlyingGreg, but I think several fellow posters who responded jumped way too quickly on the original poster here. Too, perhaps the Hawks could be part of a 3-way trade that could move Flynn and bring a higher than #25 overall pick.
Thanks Teamo, I was ready to put on the dunce cap and go to the corner after a few of the responses but I think this is exactly the type of draft to move up and get the exact player you need to take it to the next level. If we can unload Flynn at the same time then even better. Perhaps a better option is to swap firsts and Flynn to the Jags. I'm just throwing this out to see what others think ffs and some guys jump down your throat. Actually now that I think about it the fact that a lot of .netters think it's nuts makes me think it's something Pete and John would consider.