Nostra-Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
After sitting up all night starring into my bowl of water, certain visions of JS and PC war room came to me in the night. Visions of much rejoice echoed throughout the pacific north west, leaving the rest of the NFC west team wondering how are we going compete? OK no more BS heres my picks.

RD 1 Zach Ertz TE Optional pick Tyler Eifert
RD2 Sean Porter LB Optional pick Jamie Collin or Chase Thomas
RD3 Markus Wheaton WR Optional pick Chris Harper
RD4 Cornelius Washington DE Optional pick David Bass
RD5 Tharold Simon CB Optional pick Micah Hyde
RD5 Kwame Geathers DT Optional pick Gilbert Pena
RD6 Knile Davis RB Optional pick Zach Stacy
RD7 Dustin Hopkins PK Optional pick Celeb Strurgis
RD7 Collin Klein QB Optional pick Jeff Tuel
RD7 Joplo Bartu LB Optional pick ....momentarily lost reception.
But don't fear there was great cheers that went up across the land.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
I went TE in rd 1 based off of RW performance in the pro bowl. Went LB in rd 2 after Quinn's statement of bringing more pressure from LBers. rd 3 had to add new tools for RW. rd 4 depth at DE rd 5 PC loves his DB's and if we don't re-sign Branch we'll have fill his postion. rd 6 PC made mention about Lynch fumbling. rd 7 need a kicker with a longer leg. The rest is just fluff.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I'd personally love grabbing Ertz or Eifert -- or Tavon Austin, DeAndre Hopkins, etc. -- at #25. I've made no secret of my selfish desire to spend draft capital on offensive skill players. It's amazing to consider the potential of Wilson having an upper-tier weapon added to the mix, and historically we have not drafted those kinds of players at the top of the draft. Amazingly, the last offensive skill player (RB, WR, TE) we drafted in the first round was Jerramy Stevens in 2002!

The hard part about mock drafting, and why I don't bother, is we don't know what will happen in free agency yet. I believe they will go defense with our first round pick, but I wonder if that would shift if we signed an edge rusher and a 3-tech DT in free agency.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
The TE postion you are getting great wealth because you're getting two play instead of one, blocker and receiver. If he is the right guy.

bubbrubb

Reaction score
As much as I like Austin, I feel a top notch TE could really elevate the play-action. Would love to be stacked at TE for this reason.

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3u98rx84 said:
I'd personally love grabbing Ertz or Eifert -- or Tavon Austin, DeAndre Hopkins, etc. -- at #25. I've made no secret of my selfish desire to spend draft capital on offensive skill players. It's amazing to consider the potential of Wilson having an upper-tier weapon added to the mix, and historically we have not drafted those kinds of players at the top of the draft.

+1 :th2thumbs:

I'm in 110% agreement with you! Get DANGAAAARUSS some weapons, please!!!

kearly

Reaction score
I love the 2013 draft. My first reaction was that I didn't like this mock draft much, but then I realized that Ertz, Wheaton, Porter will probably all be solid players, maybe more. Davis and Washington are hacky home run swings. Even a draft that feels like it missed out still looks pretty dang nice.

Porter is probably going to go in round 4-6 btw. Not hyped and not as athletic as people thought.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
This is the board which I got the players rankings from http://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL-Dra ... s-2013.asp
I seem a few of your mocks with us taking Javis Jones ( I know its your dream draft, but I just don't see it happening) in the first round and you selecting player in the sixth round where I've seem him slated to be in the first round by other websites (David Amerso CB)which I believe he is a third round talent. I guess this just show us the differant ranks that people have individual players. Porter is a second rounder, third at the latest, and a perfect fit for what Quinn wants to do.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
I like the look of this draft. My mock has similar names and positions targeted. I really do think that the big surprise this year won't be a "reach" but it will be a position that people aren't expecting. I have a feeling that we're going to get RW weapons sooner than later. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if our first couple picks were TE and WR.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
SuperHawks":2pwl0r3o said:
I like the look of this draft. My mock has similar names and positions targeted. I really do think that the big surprise this year won't be a "reach" but it will be a position that people aren't expecting. I have a feeling that we're going to get RW weapons sooner than later. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if our first couple picks were TE and WR.

I can't agree more with this statement! Whats a QBs best friend? THE RUNNING GAME. I've been wanting to say this for a while now, but the fear of being booed out of here has held me back. Everybody that knows me have heard me piss an moan about not having a 1000 yard rusher for years now, OK, we have one! BUT if Marcus Lattimore is there in the third round Pete & John would be fools to not considered taking him. It would be like passing on A. Peterson in the third round. A very huge upside to this kid.
OK let the Chawker roast begin. cheers

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Chawker":2tt7kpkb said:
After sitting up all night starring into my bowl of water, certain visions of JS and PC war room came to me in the night. Visions of much rejoice echoed throughout the pacific north west, leaving the rest of the NFC west team wondering how are we going compete? OK no more BS heres my picks.

RD 1 Zach Ertz TE Optional pick Tyler Eifert
RD2 Sean Porter LB Optional pick Jamie Collin or Chase Thomas
RD3 Markus Wheaton WR Optional pick Chris Harper
RD4 Cornelius Washington DE Optional pick David Bass
RD5 Tharold Simon CB Optional pick Micah Hyde
RD5 Kwame Geathers DT Optional pick Gilbert Pena
RD6 Knile Davis RB Optional pick Zach Stacy
RD7 Dustin Hopkins PK Optional pick Celeb Strurgis
RD7 Collin Klein QB Optional pick Jeff Tuel
RD7 Joplo Bartu LB Optional pick ....momentarily lost reception.
But don't fear there was great cheers that went up across the land.

Mostly like your draft, Ertz would be a nice addition, Porter would start immediately, Wheaton would bring some speed but I'd look for a bigger WR there, Washington is a perfect project for our coaches big body and tons of athleticism, Geathers is a big body who would probably make the team, a Kicker, and a back up RB who might be able to return kicks and make Leon dispensable.

I'd be fine with this