Devin Taylor

McGruff

Reaction score
Have we talked about this guy. Stiff and raw as an end, but man, what a freaky build. 6-8' all arms, built to the hilt, fast, explosive and strong. Looks like a guy who could go earlier than expected and looks like a guy we could play around with.

What do you guys think?

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I like him. His weak points are shorter OL can handle him very well, maybe its a center of gravity thing. Also he is slow off the ball. He won't meet many small linemen in the NFL, and plays the run very well. He can get to the passer decently but not overly dominating.

Some South Carolina fans say he played right end without complaint and let other ends get a majority of sacks and is a team player.

If there's a spot for him in Pete's defense, I see him as a challenger for Red Bryant. Considering the rise of the read-option, getting off the ball slow could help naturally contain edges and he has the motor to chase people down.

I don't see him as a featured pass rusher, unless PC and Quinn are able to help him getting out of his stance a lot quicker.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He has insane mismatch length, 87" wingspan, has arms like vines 36", is long and allegedly stiff, but explosive enough to be the long jump leader in his DLine group with respectable speed and top 5 stats in the vertical jump, 40, short shuttle, with a quick 10 yd split. He's was also considered very durable and didn't miss any games in college. He has adequate strength for someone with arms as long as his.

I see him as a younger healthier cheaper replacement with upside for Jason Jones who may be able to bulk up some and become a good 4-3 base end or a mismatch situational interior pass rusher. Negatives are the tight hips and and sometime slowness with his get off after the snap. He's a more conventional 4-3 LDE presently needing to add some weight but could be a late 3rd or early 4th rd. solid value.

He's clearly not a conventionally sized DE.

kearly

Reaction score
He reminds me of Margus Hunt. Tall, lengthy, athletic, crappy.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Taylor could be that surprise 1st round guy. He should be a 2nd or 3rd but so should have Irvin anad Carp. His upside is worth the risk and he could be coached to play DT or DE. His freakish length would make an easy excuse for being drafted a few rounds early.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I don't see him as more than an early 3rd day pick 4th rd. but disagree on the above crappy label.

He's stiff raw and quite athletic and while lacking in sacks brings pressure. Properly used he's an instant mismatch b/c of his exceptional length.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
A 4th? Calais campbell was a very similar prospect and went 2nd round. When it comes draft day too many people will picture his potential over his weaknesses, not many guys his size that are that athletic, a handful more sacks and another few tenths of a second faster and he be top ten pick. Shoot sharrif floyd hasn't been that productive and is a top ten. Not sure what I'd wager but he won't go later than the 3rd.