Thinking outside the box Mock

SuperHawks

Reaction score
I have a feeling that this year's WTF pick(s) won't be of the "reach" nature but of the position nature. In other words, I think pretty much everyone has us taking some form of pass rush help in the first couple rounds, I don't necessarily think that will be the case and this mock will reflect that. I feel this way for a couple reasons. First, I believe that we will in some way address the DL in free agency, whether it's a big signing or a solid rotational guy, I'm convinced we'll do something before the draft. Second, I'm much higher on Jaye Howard than most around here and I think reuniting with Dan Quinn will do nothing but make him even better. I'm not so sure he's not the guy the Hawks view as their replacement for Jason Jones. I also think that the fact that we finally have a franchise QB is not lost on PC&JS and they are going to want to get some real weapons to make him even more dangerous.
So having said all of that I present to you, my outside the box mock.

1 Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame - Imagine the double tight sets we could roll out with Miller and Eifert. The play action pass game would be damn near unstoppable. We know that a big pass catching target is something that PC&JS covet and they have tried numerous times to fill that spot to no avail. If Eifert is available I think they pull the trigger to finally put that need to rest, once and for all.

2 Da’Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech - A big, strong, playmaking WR adds another dimension to this offense. It also presents an opportunity for a significant upgrade to the WR core in general, something that PC&JS preach.

3 Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern ***Pick acquired by trading Flynn*** - I’m certain Flynn is gone one way or another. I happen to think it will be for about an early to mid 3rd round pick. Need meets value perfectly here and we get another big body to help with our pocket collapsing problem.

3 David Amerson, CB, NC State – Playmaking CB with good ball skills who had an amazing season 2 years ago but fell back to earth last year. The talent is clearly there and the only reason he’s even available at this slot is because of last year’s less than stellar season.

4 Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M – I watch this guy’s film and I see a perfect fit for the Hawks at WLB. This kid is very athletic and isn’t afraid to lay the lumber.

5 Cornelius Washington, DE, Georgia – Freak athlete with questionable film. Not sure why it doesn’t translate to the field, but I’m willing to gamble a 5th rounder to find out. Could be an absolute steal if he can be coached up.

5 Matt Scott, QB, Arizona – We need a QB to groom as a backup to Mr. Wilson. I think we sign a cheap vet to compete with Scott at primary backup, a job I think Scott wins.

6 Manase Foketi, OT, West Texas A&M – Versatile and could play either G or T. PS&JC covet that and will be looking hard his way in the later rounds.

7 Kerwynn Williams, RB, Utah State – Competition for Leon who is expensive and I think this guy could very well beat him out.

7 Brandon Hepburn, ILB, Florida A&M – Shot in the dark pick but seems he could provide solid competition and could help out on ST.

7 Rontez Miles, FS, California (PA) – Same as above. Could take Maragos’ spot if the cards fall right for him.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Rontez Miles is that dude who has a Pittsburgh Steelers tatoo on this shoulder. Those covering the combine referred to "laser removal" when talking about him being drafted by any other team.

Chawker

Reaction score
One team that is in the market for a quality back up QB is the Colts, now I know Flynn wants a chance to start and I'm not sure he would like being a back up but I can see him being delt for a mid to late round pick. Maybe a 4th & 6th.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Da'Rick Rogers is a complete nightmare. I'd be surprised if he's on Seattle's draft board at all.

Might as well just spend the pick on an actual headache.

OP
OP
SuperHawks

SuperHawks

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":gz4448qp said:
Da'Rick Rogers is a complete nightmare. I'd be surprised if he's on Seattle's draft board at all.

Because he smokes pot?

penihawk

Reaction score
This is a great mock all you have to do is insert Tavon Austin #1 and Gavin Escobar #2 and its money.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
SuperHawks":3sy40cep said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3sy40cep said:

Because he smokes pot?

Nope, because of the laundry list of issues at Tennessee that seemingly didn't stop once he got kicked off the team.

Not got the link to the report, but apparently the Tennessee Tech coaches are not exactly giving this guy a glowing reference. He's an entitled prototype diva with almost no regard for his coaches, will basically do whatever he wants with little care for the consequences. It started with his recruitment to Tennessee, developed into much more at that school than mere failed drugs tests (which are a fairly big red flag to begin with) and while he may have kicked the drugs (for now at least), a leopard doesn't change its spots.

Let somebody else deal with him. Any receiver coming to this team has to be ready to work with the intensity Russell Wilson expects from his targets. That, sadly, is not Da'Rick Rogers.

peachesenregalia":3sy40cep said:
Which round do you expect an actual headache to go in, Rob?

Depends on the forty time.

kearly

Reaction score
I could see this draft happening, sort of. Not Da'Rick Rogers though. He's a headcase and has two coaching staffs shittalking about him behind his back. It sucks too because Rogers the football player fits the mold for us very well.

I don't think Seattle will draft a TE anywhere near the first round, but I kind of wish they would. Eifert fits John Schneider's profile like a glove, IMO.

Honestly, if not for Rogers being (IMO) off Seattle's board, I like your draft a lot. I think they might pass on Porter though, as he's not as fast and arms not as long as I thought from watching him on tape.

penihawk

Reaction score
Eifert is a stud but I can't see us paying 1st rd money to a TE with Millers contract and him still being a valuable piece to the puzzle. We need a flex type TE IMO and Gavin Escobar is in the same mold as Eifert. Wouldn't it be great if he fell to us in the 3rd?

kearly

Reaction score
FYI, first round money at #25 last year was under $2 million per season.

penihawk

Reaction score
Good point Kearly but do you think they would look at Eifert with 25 if the DL is addressed in FA? He is undoubtedly a talent that makes us better and tougher to defend for sure.

OP
OP
SuperHawks

SuperHawks

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback on Rogers fellas. All I knew about was the drug stuff. Last I heard he had redeemed himself quite a bit with his combine press conference. This coach talking poorly about him stuff is news to me. If he's really that much of a headcase I'm off the wagon.

Knowing that about Rogers, I'd probably swap Justin Hunter into that spot. He's got the ability to take the top off the defense and has the special length that our boys seem to be looking for.