With the 56th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft - What If?

GoHawks

Reaction score
The Seattle Seahawks select: Matt Barkley QB - USC ( yeah I know, he won't make it to 56)

We still have the Cap room to sign a FA to fill the pass rush 3-tech DT position of need, who that will be - not sure?

If we sign a FA to fill that need, do you think PC/JS shock the world and select Pete's QB protege from USC, with our 2nd pick?

I'm not saying they will, or that he fits the mobile QB mold, but certainly the intangibles, and it is likely that we can

pick up WLB and Nickel Corner, and Deep threat WR in Rnd 3 or later.

Sac

Reaction score
With the 56th pick in this years draft, the Seattle Seahawks select.....

Zaviar Gooden

Book it.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If that happens, i'm sure someone on this site will say it means we're cutting Russell Wilson.

Oh, and I will throw my remote against the wall.

kearly

Reaction score
#1: No chance Barkley lasts that long.

#2: Very little chance Seattle would draft Barkley as a pure backup. They are looking for a read option compatible QB.

#3: If it did happen, I actually wouldn't complain. Kind of a high price to pay, but if Barkley impresses enough, there is a chance you might swing him for a profit down the road.

#4: Of course, this won't happen. I think Arizona and Tennessee have a higher chance of facing off in next year's Superbowl than Matt Barkley being a Seahawk in 2013.

kearly

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":gmo8b7hd said:
With the 56th pick in this years draft, the Seattle Seahawks select.....

Zaviar Gooden

Book it.

I will, just to make fun of you later. ;)

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
He's a first round, Day 1 starting caliber QB who we'd get in the late second who we could flip into first round pick/s down the road. But yeah, won't happen.

Wasteland2112

Reaction score
I'm thinking that they work a deal with either Jax or Oak for Flynn and a swap of 2nd round picks, then pick up a player they were keying in on in that area, be it (DT)K. Short,(TE) Z. Ertz or maybe(WLB) A. Brown. Then use some of those 5's and 7's to move up in 3 and 4 to target the other 2 positions not filled in rd.2.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Wasteland2112":2l2uvfmr said:
I'm thinking that they work a deal with either Jax or Oak for Flynn and a swap of 2nd round picks, then pick up a player they were keying in on in that area, be it (DT)K. Short,(TE) Z. Ertz or maybe(WLB) A. Brown. Then use some of those 5's and 7's to move up in 3 and 4 to target the other 2 positions not filled in rd.2.

I would love, love , love to move up in the second round. This draft is deep and an early second would net us a very similar player we would have gotten with the pick we gave to MSP.
Doubt your scenario Wasteland, but I hope you're right.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
GoHawks":1pq7b5g7 said:
The Seattle Seahawks select: Matt Barkley QB - USC ( yeah I know, he won't make it to 56)

We still have the Cap room to sign a FA to fill the pass rush 3-tech DT position of need, who that will be - not sure?

If we sign a FA to fill that need, do you think PC/JS shock the world and select Pete's QB protege from USC, with our 2nd pick?

I'm not saying they will, or that he fits the mobile QB mold, but certainly the intangibles, and it is likely that we can

pick up WLB and Nickel Corner, and Deep threat WR in Rnd 3 or later.

Yup thats what they do if they wanna get fired, they got their franchise QB.