2013 7-round Media Mock, Volume 1

Seahawksfan425

Reaction score
I've done mocks like these in the past but I usually do them a couple weeks before the draft. I got bored today so I decided to start now and update with newer mocks throughout the weeks leading up to the draft. Without further ado here we go:

2nd round (56th Overall): Khaseem Green, OLB, Rutgers
1_KhaseemGreene.jpg

Scouting Report: http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/1/23/ ... eem-greene
Highlight Video:
[youtube]uhb83_ASFuk[/youtube]

3rd round (87th Overall): Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State
Scouting Report: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ ... id=2540211
My own report: I'm a freshman at San Diego State University and attended quite a few football games. He has really great size standing 6'6" and weighing 254lbs. I never really paid attention to his blocking when I attended the games but I've heard mixed reviews from others who have scouted him. What I do know is that everyone agrees he is an amazing pass catcher and was the best receiver on the SDSU team. He can grab the ball out of the air with his hands and bring it down all while making it look easy. He isn't the fastest but he tries his best at getting YAC (He can be shifty at times, look at the 2012 highlight vid at 2:05). He's deadly in the red-zone with his frame and amazing pass-catching ability. Before the combine I believe he was locked at a 2nd round pick but after his combine I think he drops to the 3rd.
Highlight Video (I know the music doesn't sound like typical highlight vid music but they were made by his sister I believe so keep that in mind):
[youtube]ljO2OScTeRI[/youtube]
[youtube]WgZm7M3PoO8[/youtube]
Thought I'd throw this in there too, he has talent off the field as well:
[youtube]3yktI8tj7fU[/youtube]

4th round (120th overall): Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State
(Yeah I know, I probably sound like a SDSU-homer now but bear with me, I wanted to give us Tyrann Matheiu here but I don't think he'd fall this far, Leon is a beast as well)
Scouting Report: http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/2/28 ... ng-profile < I recommend you read that
Highlight Video (He is the corner that plays in Sherman's spot, #2):
[youtube]ab3nKER5Lls[/youtube]
Hey who's that coach at 1:20 who seems really interested in him? :D
[youtube]tlgN82t5dso[/youtube]

5th round (131st overall): Reid Fragel, OT, Ohio State
bilde

Scouting Report: http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/rei ... id=2539651
Highlight Video:
[youtube]nmhHZpQ8DF0[/youtube]

5th round (151st overall): Matt Scott, QB, Arizona
Com 120909 NCF VBlog Miller MattScott 120909
Scouting Report: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ ... id=2539647
Highlight Video:
[youtube]81vkGTV0xxo[/youtube]
[youtube]aoW11IIhDTs[/youtube]

6th round (184th overall): Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington State
Img20940121
Scouting Report: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ ... id=2540177
Highlight Video:
[youtube]PpPzojudHMo[/youtube]

7th round (198th overall): Cierre Wood, RB, Notre Dame
Ncf a wood wm 600
Scouting Report: http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/cie ... id=2540209
Highlight Video:
[youtube]wRHEG5I3X20[/youtube]

7th round (215th overall): Caleb Sturgis, K, Florida
Rn i calebsturgis ms 600
Scouting Report: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... 3&genpos=K
Highlight Video:
[youtube]kIblgpMjvcw[/youtube]

cubbyhawkfan

Reaction score
Love this mock.

Greene is a flat out playmaker

Escobar is a move te that is becoming a popular theme in the nfl right now and I think he is very underrated,could go in the late first or second,having him fall to the 3rd would be awesome

Leon seems like a solid player and fits into the slot corner we could possibly target

The rest are all great picks,though I am weary of Wilson because of all the off field stuff

kearly

Reaction score
That was a lot of fun. Great job.

I just don't think Khaseem Green is fast enough for Pete. We need more than one starting LB that can track down Colin Kaepernick who runs a 4.53. And for all the plays Greene makes on paper, they never seem to be in his compilations, which remind me of Bobby Wagner's last year for how boring they are. At least Wagner had 4.45 speed. Greene is basically about a 4.6 to 4.7 range guy. Basically, average speed in an average draft. I wouldn't mind being wrong, because I think he's a Pete Carroll kind of player and would have an immediate impact on our defense, but I just think it's unlikely Seattle goes that route.

Maybe Carroll was interested in the other CB that was right next to McFadden? I have to admit though, he did seem a bit intense in his focus, heh. I do think it's possible that Seattle goes CB in the first four rounds. Lots of CB talent there in the top 100 picks and Seattle's needs are not as defined this year.

Matt Scott probably would have reached the 5th last year or the year before. He's benefiting in a big way from a really thin ZR QB class. Obviously, I'd love it if we got him in the 5th but I think he's probably a late 2nd or early 3rd right now.

Is Cierre Wood really a 7th rounder? He had good measurables and played for Notre Dame. His tape reminds me of Chris Polk. Could be a nice pick up.

I'm generally against drafting kickers, there's so many great undrafted ones that can't even break into the league. He'd need to kick 60 yards for me to consider spending a pick on him.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Something along that line would be awesome. Not sure what order we will draft them in but we will probably address in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and the two 5th round picks.

#2 TE either versitile speedy guy or a big redzone target
WLB with speed
nickle corner
run stuffing DT
Big Body WR or 2 to challange for the #5 WR spot

QuahHawk

Reaction score
The more I read about and watch Tyrann Mathiau I think he is a guy Pete and John would value. He is being undervalued becaus enot only is he undersized but he had some troubles. It really sounds like he figured it out and has surrounded himself with professional athlets who are positive influences for him. He will likely only be a nickle corner but he could easily become the best nickle corner in the league. If he hadn't failed some drug test for pot and got kicked out of school he be a top 25 pick. His knack for big plays is incredible and i honestly though it was just luck then i watched more and he just keeps doing it over and over again. He is so explosive and that's not a word used on defense much. His instincts remind me of Earl a little.

So he's a quick mock that is outside the box enough to surprise most people but would make our team much better.

2. CB Tryann Mathiau
3. TE Jordan Reed
4. WR Aaron Dobson
5. DT Montari Hughes
5. LB Zavier Gooden
6. DT Kwame Gathers
7. RB Kerwynn Williams
7. LB Michael Clay

OP
OP
Seahawksfan425

Seahawksfan425

Reaction score
Thanks for the reviews guys. Took a while to set up the right players and find scouting reports and video highlights.

OP
OP
Seahawksfan425

Seahawksfan425

Reaction score
kearly":3ta3oxw2 said:
Maybe Carroll was interested in the other CB that was right next to McFadden? I have to admit though, he did seem a bit intense in his focus, heh. I do think it's possible that Seattle goes CB in the first four rounds. Lots of CB talent there in the top 100 picks and Seattle's needs are not as defined this year.

You mean the cornerback who missed the catch and fell face first afterwards? ;) I hope he was looking at McFadden.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Wenhawk":4fx6yp48 said:
The more I read about and watch Tyrann Mathiau I think he is a guy Pete and John would value. He is being undervalued becaus enot only is he undersized but he had some troubles. It really sounds like he figured it out and has surrounded himself with professional athlets who are positive influences for him. He will likely only be a nickle corner but he could easily become the best nickle corner in the league. If he hadn't failed some drug test for pot and got kicked out of school he be a top 25 pick. His knack for big plays is incredible and i honestly though it was just luck then i watched more and he just keeps doing it over and over again. He is so explosive and that's not a word used on defense much. His instincts remind me of Earl a little.

So he's a quick mock that is outside the box enough to surprise most people but would make our team much better.

2. CB Tryann Mathiau
3. TE Jordan Reed
4. WR Aaron Dobson
5. DT Montari Hughes
5. LB Zavier Gooden
6. DT Kwame Gathers
7. RB Kerwynn Williams
7. LB Michael Clay

Mathiau won't go that high.

kearly

Reaction score
Tryann Mathiau looks a lot like this year's Vontaze Burfict. Guy is still battling a drug problem, and he was very overrated by the media (but not scouts) to begin with. I'd be surprised if he's drafted.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
There was 3rd round talk for Tyrann but I can't see it happening when he pretty much has admitted on NFLN he'll be high maintenance to keep clean.

Latest posts