Old mocks for reference:

V1: (02/02/13)
1 Kawaan Short DT Purdue
2 John Simon DE Ohio St
3 Menelik Watson OT Florida State
4 Bennie Logan DT LSU
5 Gavin Escobar TE San Diego State
5 Raymond Graham RB Pittsburgh

V2: (didn't publish but was just before the combine)
1 Kawaan Short DT Purdue
2 Chase Thomas OLB Stanford
3 Chris Harper WR Kansas State
4 Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio St
5 Lerentee McCray DE Florida
5 Abry Jones DL Georgia

V3 now!

I've not bothered with the compensatory picks as being honest it is basically pot luck whether you hit even anywhere close from the 5th round on. But I did want to put some players in that I like the look of. I've included a video (where I can) and a brief write up that I have done. I've gone for a lot of talent that is raw, one of the reasons is that we know it will be a struggle for players to make the roster, so lets see how high the ceilings are on these players and if they can break through if given a chance.

2. Kiko Alonso LB - Oregon
[youtube]YrrBn2ff4js[/youtube]
Who? Alonso in the second round? Yup. One of the things I take into account for our draft this year is that we're practically drafting a round later so is Alonso worth a high third pick? Most likely and I'd be surprised if he makes it into the mid of the third round. One note here though, he's officially listed as an ILB but can easily play WLB as well.

+
Relentless, relentless, relentless. Good game speed and flys around the park. Highly athletic with pro bowl ceiling. Decent tackler and able to give a good pop.

-
Red flags for character, has had run ins with the law and injury concerns. Would need to convert to an OLB but should manage without a problem. Might be overly aggressive and could run the risk of silly penalties or get wound up by the opponents

3. Jordan Hill DT - Penn State
[youtube]dJcbDCuStPs[/youtube]
+
Exceptional motor, pretty quick when looking at it from a 10 yard point of view however he lacks a bit of anticipation off the snap, good strength

-
Not elite measurables, he won't chase down many that break through or around the line and he need to work on his run defense and potentially bulk up a bit however this may risk slowing him down further.

4. Nick Kasa TE - Colorado
[youtube]k9RdSSWC-SQ[/youtube]
+
Good blocker,shows that competitive streak we look for. Great size and speed.

-
Raw! Needs to work on his routes and catching but has shown the willingness off the field to do so. Apparently injury concerns.

5a. Brennan Williams T - North Carolina
[youtube]JKEE-DzWaBM[/youtube]
+
Great size and blood lines (his dad played for the Seahawks). Has a high ceiling and shows a tough streak (dirt bag if you will). 34” arms helps.

-
Injury red flag (torn labrum at the end of the season). Still raw with limited game experience and may struggle with speed rushers

5b. Johnny Adams CB - Michigan State
[youtube]by8k8PNr_Bo[/youtube]
+
Good press coverage skills, able to recognise plays well and react. Shows no fear in making tackles. Strong and fast

-
Lacks ideal size and can get tangled up in the running game by TE/WR blocks

6. Glenn Foster DT - Illinois
[youtube]bdMXAqMF6jc[/youtube]
+
Quick off the snap, shows good penetration in 1v1 situations in the pass game and has a chip on his shoulder. Underrated prospect

-
Struggles a bit in the run game and has problems disengaging from a blocker. Needs time to develop at the next level

7a. Stansly Maponga DE - TCU
[youtube]00OuOrDwUZo[/youtube]
+
Good motor, shows a couple of moves (spin, swim). Has a knack for getting into the backfield and causing disruption. Good measurables (arm length helps to counter height)

-
Not great against the run, can get wiped out and can be inconsistent off the snap.

7b. Brandon Kaufmann WR - Eastern Washington
[youtube]Lk9zPQykWNE[/youtube]
+
Big and able to pluck the ball out, able to read and react to plays well. WR in a TE body

-
Doesn't use his size as well as he could, not that good speed.

-----------

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Different, but i'm not sure how I fell about it, I don't know enough about most these guys.

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3fa5kql0 said:
I believe Kiko is going to be a star.

Dude seems like he has the intelligence of a potato, but I'd take anyone who can sack Wilson twice and pick him off in the same game, so I agree.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I don't like Alonso, he's a F**k up. Getting injured, then getting absolutely plastered, possibly while on pain medication, is absolutely insane. If I were to draft him it would be in the 6th so that if he gets bombed, and bombs out of the NFL, it's no big loss.

Thanks for putting in the time but for me, it's a pretty mediocre draft. the Penn State DT is a late rounder also and barely a rotational player.

OP
OP
HighlandHawk

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback folks.

It's nota hugely popular draft but I've deilberately tried to avoid the same names that always get dragged up and went out and did my own research and reports on them. I also have the habit of trying to avoid people I've mocked in previous drafts due to the temptation of getting lazy and just repeating the same old.

Looking back on it a few changes I'd make though but it's not far off what I am expecting position wise

JSeahawks

Reaction score
EmbattleTheeHawks":1e29gxii said:
JSeahawks":1e29gxii said:
I believe Kiko is going to be a star.

Dude seems like he has the intelligence of a potato, but I'd take anyone who can sack Wilson twice and pick him off in the same game, so I agree.

Comparing him to a potato might be a stretch, i'd say more like a rock. (It's that fine UO education!). He's got great football instincts though and is always in the right place at the right time and around the ball. I call him Bobby Boucher.

OP
OP
HighlandHawk

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":9x9vmwbj said:
Thanks for putting in the time but for me, it's a pretty mediocre draft. the Penn State DT is a late rounder also and barely a rotational player.

Well with the greatest respect to you, I hope you're really wrong :)

Nailed that one although to be honest it wasn't my final mock

ivotuk

Reaction score
HighlandHawk":2eas1iia said:
ivotuk":2eas1iia said:

Well with the greatest respect to you, I hope you're really wrong :)

Nailed that one although to be honest it wasn't my final mock

Hah! I was clueless on that one! Not sure what I was thinking at the time because I've watched him and actually like him because of his attitude and relentlessness. Nice work :D