Would anyone be surprised if...

Erebus

Reaction score
Despite not having a 1st round pick, we still end up having the best draft of any team this year (as judged a few years from now, not on April 26th)?

I think you can take away our first round pick the last two years and our drafts still look great.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I can't see Miami not having a pretty awesome draft.

They have an early #1. They pick twice before we do in the 2nd. They pick twice before we do in the third.

You can be bad and still end up with a good haul. Plus it's likely they pick up Ryan Swope with on of those 2nd rounders.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
I would be surprised due to there being too few holes to fill for guys to contribute to appear like they're among the best players in the draft, aside from not picking until #56

kearly

Reaction score
I would be a little surprised, and not because we are missing a 1st rounder.

#1: There are so many great players in this draft that even Matt Millen could probably hit a homerun this year. The team with the best draft will probably be the team with the most picks in the top 150, or close to it. If 49ers GM Trent Baalke doesn't come out of this draft without at least 4-5 good players from his 14 total picks, he's our new best friend.

#2: If Seattle drafted Armonty Bryant, I'd consider it one of the biggest steals in the draft. Then, 5 months later, Bryant might get cut after failing to make the 53 man. It could happen. This is the toughest roster to make in the NFL, so Seattle could kill the draft and nobody would know it because those picks didn't start or didn't even make the team.

penihawk

Reaction score
I would just like to see 4 or 5 players make the team as contributors. Don't know that there will be any more spots available on this roster anyhow.
My positional wishlist includes:

DT- Sly Williams(will be gone)/someone help me with another guy that falls to us
RT/G- Terron Armstead/Kyle Long
Flex TE- Gavin Escobar/Vance Mcdonald
Will LBer-Sio Moore/Xavier Gooden
K-Hopkins-Fla St.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm already resigned to the Rams having the best draft since they have 3 picks in the wheelhouse area where a lot of the talent is going to land. It's a sucky position to be in, but I do have a lot of faith in our front office's deep level scouting, so I certainly think we'll be at the top of the charts when all is said and done, if not THE top.

Largent80

Reaction score
The Rams are in the drivers seat with their picks. Now they just have to make the right calls.

They are under good leadership now and are going to cause problems.

Latest posts