Sorry if this has been asked

UGotHawked

Reaction score
We all know how much JS loves him some mid and late round picks, but since he is doing such a magnificent job of addressing needs through FA, could he be setting up to package picks and make a bold leap back into the late or even middle 1st round? Thoughts?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't think we have enough draft capital to move up into the mid or even late first round unless we're talking about forfeiting future picks as well. That would be an odd move since many are calling this an underwhelming draft class for first round talent.

Jville

Reaction score
UGotHawked":17j27gd0 said:
We all know how much JS loves him some mid and late round picks, but since he is doing such a magnificent job of addressing needs through FA, could he be setting up to package picks and make a bold leap back into the late or even middle 1st round? Thoughts?

Good luck with that.

Seahawks are currently dead last in draft capital >> http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... ft-capital

And here is a link for draft pick value chart >> http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Dead last in draft capital is a fair trade for the team we have assembled right now.

debevemos

Reaction score
Its not necessarily about having the most capital, although that does help, its how you invest that capital the makes the difference in the end.

In PC & JS I Trust

sutz

Reaction score
It's probably more likely that they will trade some picks away for consideration next year. Moving up in the draft has not been a tactic they've used much (or at all). I know a lot of people crave some big glittery gutsy move, but it doesn't seem to fit our style, and there really isn't a need, this season, at least.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I think with a BPA-type approach to this draft, John and Pete can add much more talent by staying where they are at instead of giving up half their picks for that one player.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
This is a FO that does it's best work on day 2 and 3.

With a draft that is one of the deepest in years.

With a roster that offers no limitations as far as needs.

I'm going to go with absolutely NOT. I'm totally comfortable hearing 10 names of players I barely ever heard of being called. I'm pretty confident that very few of the players I have tied to Seattle will actually be seahawks. I'm good with that.

Selling the farm to trade up only serves to make fans feel better about the pick because it's a name pick that we can understand. I don't need that level of understanding in order to feel good about our drafts.

The friday and saturday picks are vital. They are precisely the part of the draft that separates the good and bad teams in the NFL. Bad teams that pick the earliest prospects generally tend to stay bad and picking the earliest. The teams that pick well on day 2/3 are the ones that keep picking late in the draft. In golf parlance, the first round is the drive. The second round the approach. The 3rd/7th rounds are like putting. Good teams stay good when they consistently hit in the 3rd - 7th rounds. You can nail your drive and approach, but if you can't putt, you are just shooting par.

Red Beard

Reaction score
If the opportunity presents itself to add valuable picks for the 2014 Draft (which should be significantly better than this year's), then I am all for it. We have already added enough pieces to put the team in position to compete for a Lombardi trophy. I'd say there are only two positions where we should address the problem this year. Other than that? Move the picks if someone wants them and will part with a pick a round higher next year. We'll need all the ammunition we can get to snag 2-4 elite prospects to put us over the top.

Latest posts