Nickle CBs

jammerhawk

Reaction score
With the team's significant interest in aging nickel CB- Antoine Winfield, who are the nickel CBs who might be available to the Seahawks in this draft?

Apparently the team has visited with ex LSU CB- Tyran Mathieu and have check him out. Who are some of the others with good short area quickness and reliable coverage abilities?

Clearly Winfield would at present be better than most all of the draftable guys but who may be a likely developmental candidate?

GCrow

Reaction score
Guy I like for the role is B.W. Webb out of William & Mary. Great athlete who, ran a 4.51 forty at the combine and when reading about him most say he has great "foot quickness". Also good at targeting & tackling in the open field. As a bonus he returns kicks to!

Here's some Senior Bowl footage - although dosen't look to great at the start.
[youtube]3-uNJDnVZaY[/youtube]

kearly

Reaction score
My favorite is Micah Hyde from Iowa. He's a six foot corner with some of the best tape in the draft.

The guy I think becomes a Seahawk though is Demetrius McCray of Appalachian State. 6'1", 4.54 forty, 34" arms (!), 36" vert, 10'6" broad jump. Needs to be coached up, but he has freakish measurables and will probably be a mid to late round pick.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
Well, since we've had success drafting guys from Utah State, Will Davis would be a nice addition for that role. I believe his 6.52 3cone was the best at the combine, so the speed and reaction time exhibited in that drill translates well for a nickel DB. Also ran 4.43 forty.

nwHawk

Reaction score
TheWebHead":365lb8jh said:
Well, since we've had success drafting guys from Utah State, Will Davis would be a nice addition for that role. I believe his 6.52 3cone was the best at the combine, so the speed and reaction time exhibited in that drill translates well for a nickel DB. Also ran 4.43 forty.

AND he's a local kid. He went to high school in Spokane (CVHS).