VMAC Player Visits

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Davis Hsu ‏@DavisHsuSeattle 11m
last year the Seahawks acquired 7 of their 30 VMAC visits

With that in mind, thought I would list out who has visited thus far. If folks have info on the players or know of other visits, please share.

QB
Matt Scott
BJ Daniels
Zach Dysert

WR
Russell Shepard
Martel Moore
Tyrone Goard
Perez Ashford
Aaron Mellette

TE
Michael Williams

FB
Kyle Juszczyk

RB
Jeremy Wright
Christine Michael

OL
Ryan Jensen

DE
Rufus Johnson
Mike Catapano

DT
Stefan Charles
Michael Brooks

DB
Honey Badger
Duke Williams
Dontra Peters

K/P
Quinn Sharp

hai

Reaction score
DT Stefan Charles
scottemojo mentioned in a thread about Charles and it looks like he has a visit with us, i have no doubt now that Charles could be a 5th round pick or later since we netted some more draft picks with Flynn trade and compensation.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Haha, no way Dontra Peters got a workout? I was friends with him at UNH....that's pretty far away. Wish him the best of luck.

Also, I like how our FO is interested in Matt Scott as well.

OP
OP
Coug_Hawk08

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":171fo7ln said:
We will definitely target FB Kyle Juszczyk

Pauline is saying he could go as high as the top of the 4th. Is it a good get if we have to take him in the 3rd?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
This is a great thread. Thanks to Coug_Hawk08 for thinking to start this. Anyone that finds further information, yes... please continue to update.

OP
OP
Coug_Hawk08

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Michael Brooks, DT, east carolina. Looks to be an udfa guy.

kearly

Reaction score
Great job coughawk!

Pretty cool seeing Scott and Daniels on that visit list. Fingers crossed!

An interesting note about these visits- almost all of them are for projected UDFA players (I consider Honey Badger to be a projected UDFA). Matt Scott is the only one on the list who (at least to me) seems to be a likely day 2 pick.

I bring that up because according to Tony Pauline, the trend this year is the opposite of most years, with teams spending most of their visits on top 75 players. The unpredictability of this draft means teams want to make sure they've done their homework on the early rounds even more than usual. Apparently, Seattle didn't get the memo, and is still focusing on the late rounds with their visits. That could potentially play to their advantage because they'll know the late round group better than most other teams will.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Keep the list updated coughawk!

I have to admit, I never heard of Juszczyk before the Senior Bowl. I thought he looked outstanding as a fullback, but didn't think we were looking for one. I mentioned that in some post somewhere back before the combine that it was too bad we weren't in the market because he looked like a Vontae Leach kind of physical back. I didn't even know he wasn't featured as a FB because he looked completely effortless and natural at it in Mobile.

Guy can lay the wood reliably and with great effect. He pretty much made the entire RB class look bad at pass pro single handedly.

Also leaves me to wonder, if we don't end up with more picks in this draft than we came into it with.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":32fq9r39 said:

I have to admit, I never heard of Juszczyk before the Senior Bowl. I thought he looked outstanding as a fullback, but didn't think we were looking for one. I mentioned that in some post somewhere back before the combine that it was too bad we weren't in the market because he looked like a Vontae Leach kind of physical back. I didn't even know he wasn't featured as a FB because he looked completely effortless and natural at it in Mobile.

Guy can lay the wood reliably and with great effect. He pretty much made the entire RB class look bad at pass pro single handedly.

Also leaves me to wonder, if we don't end up with more picks in this draft than we came into it with.

Man, I love Juszczyk. Such a versatile player. People seem to think that if we were to add him it spells the end of Mike Rob, I don't think it does....this year anyways. He played tight end at Harvard and they moved him around everywhere. As a tight end, he reminds me of a Dallas Clark that can block. Very reliable and can line up out wide. I think we could draft him and fill in a fb/TE 3 role this year.

OP
OP
Coug_Hawk08

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Apparently tomorrow is the last day we can bring in prospects to the VMAC. Might see a few more today/tomorrow, but I suspect I have not found them all either (only 20/30).

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
pcbball12":2k6qw0vb said:
Attyla the Hawk":2k6qw0vb said:

Man, I love Juszczyk. Such a versatile player. People seem to think that if we were to add him it spells the end of Mike Rob, I don't think it does....this year anyways. He played tight end at Harvard and they moved him around everywhere. As a tight end, he reminds me of a Dallas Clark that can block. Very reliable and can line up out wide. I think we could draft him and fill in a fb/TE 3 role this year.

One has to wonder, if there isn't a grain of truth to the idea of pairing Robinson and Juszczyk together. Not unlike Gronk/Hernandez. A different power/hybrid look.

With Jus, you could open in a 2 TE set, and motion to a traditional 12. Imagine opening with an empty set, and motion Jus and Harvin in a power I. Or vice versa.

I could see virtually endless possibilities to force mismatches pre snap.

Another thing I noticed, was how frequently we would motion McCoy to a lead blocker position on the interior. I could see substituting Jus in for McCoy in those situations with a much better result.

Then of course, you could see a 22 set, with Jus motioning to wham block with a Robinson as lead block. Stealing a page or two from our rivals' playbook from the Bay.

I can't imagine how funky an offense could be created having Harvin/Jus/Robinson/Lynch/Miller/Tate as moving parts. It's like having 5 running backs on the field at one time. End arounds, traps, motions .... you could really just create a whole new playbook with those interchangeable parts.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":w44rfpid said:
pcbball12":w44rfpid said:
Attyla the Hawk":w44rfpid said:

One has to wonder, if there isn't a grain of truth to the idea of pairing Robinson and Juszczyk together. Not unlike Gronk/Hernandez. A different power/hybrid look.

With Jus, you could open in a 2 TE set, and motion to a traditional 12. Imagine opening with an empty set, and motion Jus and Harvin in a power I. Or vice versa.

I could see virtually endless possibilities to force mismatches pre snap.

Another thing I noticed, was how frequently we would motion McCoy to a lead blocker position on the interior. I could see substituting Jus in for McCoy in those situations with a much better result.

Then of course, you could see a 22 set, with Jus motioning to wham block with a Robinson as lead block. Stealing a page or two from our rivals' playbook from the Bay.

I can't imagine how funky an offense could be created having Harvin/Jus/Robinson/Lynch/Miller/Tate as moving parts. It's like having 5 running backs on the field at one time. End arounds, traps, motions .... you could really just create a whole new playbook with those interchangeable parts.
My thoughts exactly man. You could add so much versatility to a roster that is arguably already the most versatile in the league. It would be ridiculous. My very first thought (after my excitement of course) when I read we brought him in was similar to what you just wrote. I never once thought it would spell the end of Mike Rob like a lot of others have. This front office seems to want to create as many mismatches as possible....this move would just add to the possibilities. Especially in creating personnel grouping nightmares.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Juszczyk seems like the perfect Seahawk "overdraft" type of pick. Apparently they are big fans of his, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear his name called in the 3rd or 4th round if they really like him that much. The rest of the country will go "who!?" but like has already been said, the versatility that he would bring to the table would be a pretty big deal and would make the possibilities endless for the Hawks on O. They pretty much are already.

Now imagine if you threw in TE Michael Williams as well. The offense would be truly one of the most unique offenses in NFL history. You could play fast, physical, anything you want really. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I would be surprised if we didn't walk away with either Juszczyk, Cunningham or Williams for the TE. Maybe even two of those three.

I know that the pass catching Joker is the FOTM, but I don't see this draft as having talent for that purpose. The good talent seems to be the inline guys or the more physical H Backs. Even the top rated guys -- Eifert and Ertz -- are genuinely 'meh' in terms of measurables. For a Joker TE, those things do matter.

OP
OP
Coug_Hawk08

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I think drafting Juszczyk would spell the end of MRob. He is essentially a more versatile/athletic version of him. Might take a bit to pick up the zone blocking, but it definitely makes sense from a salary and skill set perspective. I dont see Juszczyk as a joker type TE, he might line up as a TE in some formations, but my guess is he would be an ideal FB+ extras.

OP
OP
Coug_Hawk08

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Found another one. Jeremy Harris out of New Mexico State. 6'3 4.4 cb.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
According to Schneider the other day, we have used all 30 visits.