Lattimore

mikeak

Reaction score
So what are people's thoughts on Marcus Lattimore? Obviously a devestating injury but seems to be doing good recovery and from what I read the nerves were amazingly not damaged at all which is a big thing.

Do you take a flier on this guy at the end of 3rd (Seahawks perspective)? You put him on IR / PUP for the season and don't pay very much money for what you hope is a very productive back in 2014 & 2015 or is the risk to great? I realize RB isn't an immediate need but the upside with this kid is huge and obviously there is "some" risk involved.......

thoughts?

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
If he's still there in the 4th maybe but if we want to draft for the future I would hope we would so on the offensive line, tight end or in the secondary. I expect at least 2 more seasons of Lynch/Turbin.

aawolf

Reaction score
We may want to draft him just to prevent SanFran from picking him up with one of their hundred draft picks.

penihawk

Reaction score
He is not even close to playing football so how do you know he is even gonna be a sliver of the guy that wasn't a superstar can't miss 1st rd pick guy to begin with? Pass unless its the 7th

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Consider in the third, really think about taking him in the fourth, run to the podium in the fifth.

The kid is a stud and is as close to a Marshawn clone as you can expect. His stock has been steadily improving, Mayock recently put him in his top 5 HB's. I'd love to get him in the 4th, that'd be ideal.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
He does not have a second gear. He is a one cut back. He has had two ACL's on the same knee.

That said, his personality screams PC. 5th round with a full year on the IR would make me happy. He could be a servicable backup.

I think Kniles Davis is a better risk.

kearly

Reaction score
nbk35zw":30r8myne said:
He does not have a second gear. He is a one cut back. He has had two ACL's on the same knee.

That said, his personality screams PC. 5th round with a full year on the IR would make me happy. He could be a servicable backup.

I think Kniles Davis is a better risk.

Agreed. I didn't see the top gear when I broke him down either.

Really, the only things I like about Lattimore are his agility and his character. He'll get opportunities in the NFL, and I wouldn't be shocked if he had some 1000 yard seasons. I just don't think his upside is what people think it is. I'd compare him to Marshawn Lynch if Lynch didn't have beast mode and didn't have 2 good knees. And not to sound heretical, but Lynch had a fairly lukewarm NFL career until the 2nd half of the 2011 season. And I think Lynch is a legitimately special back, but he's the kind of back that needs to be in the right kind of environment to be his best. I see Lattimore as a similar story. If he ends up in a place like Arizona, he's screwed.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
aawolf":292vilb6 said:
We may want to draft him just to prevent SanFran from picking him up with one of their hundred draft picks.

I think that's silly. Drafting guys to prevent other teams from getting them is dumb, you have to make your team better especially in the first 4 rounds.

Forty9ers

Reaction score
Frank Gore 2.0
i hope the niners pick this guy up

hes gonna be a steal for whoever does take him

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I have been feeling us drafting Lattimore lately...not sure why, just a hunch.

I think he's going to be damn good in the NFL. There is a really good piece on him in the latest ESPN The Magazine if any of you get that.

kigenzun

Reaction score
Two ACL's on the same knee. That's rough to recover from. Still, if he fell to us in the 5th I wouldn't cry. It would give Chris Clemons a good workout partner and inspirational guy in the Physical Therapy Gym.

Latest posts