Do we go after a Delanie Walker type

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Just read this great article about the coming of age of the H-Back and Joker positions.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/ ... cunningham

Gotta say I think this is prime year to get a guy who we can groom to replace M-Rob but get use out of him on special teams and TE in the meantime.

Kyle Juszszyk TE/FB from Harvard seems like a perfect fit, he's smart, can catch, love football and he is a projected 4th-5th round guy.

What round do you think me add our new version of Delanie Walker?

G

I think he's definitely one of JS targets. Was hoping he'd be there to take with the 5th we got from the Raiders, but that seems doubtful with his stock continuing to climb.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think we might have to use a 7th to move up in the 4th to get him or we might just use our 3rd on him.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
MrPompous":3a09hj75 said:
I think he's definitely one of JS targets. Was hoping he'd be there to take with the 5th we got from the Raiders, but that seems doubtful with his stock continuing to climb.

Remember, the draft picks we received from Oakland were a 5th in 2014 and then a conditional pick in 2015.

Rat

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2t8ajz40 said:
MrPompous":2t8ajz40 said:

Remember, the draft picks we received from Oakland were a 5th in 2014 and then a conditional pick in 2015.
We have the Raiders fifth round pick this year from the Aaron Curry trade.

Rat

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2bsrsmzb said:
I think we might have to use a 7th to move up in the 4th to get him or we might just use our 3rd on him.
Adding a 7th to our 4th might allow us to move up two or three spots. If it's a significant move up, it'll take more than that.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Rat":15q5vm2l said:
bigtrain21":15q5vm2l said:
MrPompous":15q5vm2l said:

We have the Raiders fifth round pick this year from the Aaron Curry trade.

My fault. I thought he was talking about the pick we just got, but I was mistaken. Thanks for the heads up.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Rat":b4s51prs said:
Wenhawk":b4s51prs said:
Adding a 7th to our 4th might allow us to move up two or three spots. If it's a significant move up, it'll take more than that.

Our 7th would only move us ahead of a few teams (Packers, Colts, Vikings), it might be worth it to get our guy if he's still on the board or we could use our later 5th and move up 15 spots in the 4th or our early 5th and move up 20 spots. We will have too see but not that many teams will value a player like Jusz like the hawks would.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
the Seahawks had Kyle in for visit. Kyler Reed, not listed in that article, has the best speed measurables for that role, didn't have a lot of production at Nebraska though, did have 8 TDs in 2010

two dog

Reaction score
Hasn't been to Seattle for a visit but I think in 2-3 years Travis Kelce
will be considered the best tight end in this class.

Don't know what round, fifty six is probably a non-starter but maybe
the third round?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'd prefer Vance McDonald in the 3rd over a joker-type TE... unless it's Jordan Reed, who I really like as well.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":udiibkmg said:
I'd prefer Vance McDonald in the 3rd over a joker-type TE... unless it's Jordan Reed, who I really like as well.

So did you read that article?

It really got me thinking about the H-Back and Joker TE and if you consider Tate a legit #2 WR then having a H-Bcak or Joker TE is really are only hole on Offense. I had thought we'd lean toward a Joker TE but considering M-Rob is getting up there and we are a very run happy offense a H-Back might become a more important piece than a Joker. But I do think one or the other would be more likely than drafting a typical TE when we have Z.Miller.

G

onanygivensunday":ktdfme00 said:

From what I've seen, Vance McDonald is prone to drops... So much so, that I removed him from my TE board all together.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I like Reed a ton, if he had rana 4.5 instead of 4.7 he'd have been a 2nd rounder. Makes me think if he's available int he 4th he'd be a steal. A former HS QB so you know he understands defenses.

Latest posts