Bill Polian's #1 QB in the 2013 draft is...

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • Landry Jones.

Former NFL GM Bill Polian ranked Oklahoma's Landry Jones as the top QB in the 2013 class.

Well then. Polian followed up his ranking by saying "I was at the game in Norman when he beat Tannehill head to head. This guy's a winner." We must have missed the snaps when Tannehill played defense. There's a chance Jones is a third- or fourth-round pick, but if out of rhythm and forced to work in confined space, Jones struggles immensely.

Has there ever been a GM who epitomizes the saying "a franchise QB makes you (the GM) look like a genius" better than Bill Polian?

Bill Polian won executive of the year six times.

And for those that aren't getting it, yes, I'm making fun of Bill Polian.
    Last edited by kearly on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Peyton Manning made this fool.

Last year, didn't he say something like this re: Russell Wilson:

"You don't draft him to start. You draft him to be a backup quarterback that, if your starter goes down for 4 games, he has a chance to win 2."

Landry F'ing Jones, give me a break. I'll take Brady Quinn over him.
    Pete Carroll + John Schneider = Always Compete
    PGunning101
    NET Rookie

• I think the 2-14 showed just what a genius Bill Polian was outside of selecting Manning with the first pick.

As well as his statements about Russell being a backup in the NFL.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• I'm not part of the extreme anti-intangibles crowd that point to Tim Tebow every time someone talks about being clutch or winning games, but even I'm a little taken aback that Polian's case for Jones was built around, and I quote: "This guy's a winner." It's downright Bavasian.

Exibit A in Peyton Manning's case for greatest QB of all time was that he kept Polian employed (and winning awards) for 14 years.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Last year, I didn't think Jones was as good as he was hyped, not do I think he's as bad as people think this year.

If I had to guess, he comes off the board 3rd-4th rd.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Man I caught Polian today patting himself on the back saying he felt Wilson was a sure thing, I promptly changed the channel after that.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• The best in the draft? We'll see. I also agree that he's much better than many on this board give him credit for. Does anyone doubt he won't make a team?
    gmor
    NET Rookie

• The worst thing is -- he based his opinion on the Oklahoma game vs Texas A&M in 2011... where both Ryan Tannehill and Landry Jones completely laid an egg.

Really, the guy shouldn't even be used by ESPN. Manning bailed him out big time, while he was blowing first and second round picks for years. And despite Manning coming close to the end, there was no contingency or forward planning. Manning literally got injured and the Colts immediately became the worst team in the NFL. Polian should be embarrassed.

But at least the NFL learnt their lesson by not giving his replacement exec of the year for drafting Luck. Oh, actually no that happened.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• Bill Polian is lucky to have his job. This has been true for many years. Look at his drafts after Manning. Aside from a WR and Bob Sanders, we are talking awful busts.
    It is what it is...
    nbk35zw
    NET Rookie

• And Jeff Saturday blew too. Peyton made him look good but he got exposed with the Packers last year, it was laughable.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• ivotuk wrote:And Jeff Saturday blew too. Peyton made him look good but he got exposed with the Packers last year, it was laughable.

Respectfully, now you are just piling on. Saturday was physically shot and had no business in a uniform last year. Saturday should have retired 3 years ago.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• ivotuk wrote:And Jeff Saturday blew too. Peyton made him look good but he got exposed with the Packers last year, it was laughable.

He was 37 last year. :lol:

I do agree though.. Polian had a career because of Peyton Manning. Really if you think about it, the same can be said in New England.. at least draft wise. Having Tom Brady has hid many questionable drafts up there as well.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Hasselbeck wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:And Jeff Saturday blew too. Peyton made him look good but he got exposed with the Packers last year, it was laughable.

He was 37 last year. :lol:

I do agree though.. Polian had a career because of Peyton Manning. Really if you think about it, the same can be said in New England.. at least draft wise. Having Tom Brady has hid many questionable drafts up there as well.

definitely. Brady has been the reason so many people have kept their jobs in NE over the last 10 years
    Forty9ers
    NET Bench Warmer

• Throwdown wrote:Man I caught Polian today patting himself on the back saying he felt Wilson was a sure thing, I promptly changed the channel after that.

Seriously? Didn't this bozo say Wilson would be no more than a backup in the NFL? God what a tool.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• kearly wrote:
    Bill Polian won executive of the year six times.

Seriously, do all of the Sporting News writers live in Indianapolis? Ridiculous.

Seven awards for drafting the only two can't-miss QB prospects of the last 15 years.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Polian just goes to show how people around the game for a long, long time... can still know virtually nothing about it.
    kigenzun
    NET Starter

• Polian is a 5-star muppet. Landry Jones is garbage, and will never be any more than garbage in the NFL. Sometimes I think ESPN is just trolling us by giving this fool a platform.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information