Potential casualties from our upcoming draft.

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • Looking at the cap numbers, here are some players I expect us to find replacements for in this years draft.

McQuiston -cap figure 2.5 million
    Mike Rob - cap figure 2.5 million
    Maragos - cap figure 1.3 million.

Every penny counts when we are trying to re-sign our core players.
    Thoughts?
    gubernaculum
    NET Bench Warmer

• I think Mike Rob will stay. He has a very good relationship with Marshawn and is a leader on the offense.
    Eamon696
    NET Practice Squad

• Mike Rob is a Special teams Captain aswell as a leader in the locker room . No way he leaves . McQuiston is very reliable and as far as Maragos goes its definetly possible
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

• The thing is, "pure" fullbacks like M-Rob are kind of a rarity in today's game. Might be hard to find a rookie to come in and take his job. Plus, mny teams don't even use a FB, so he might not have a lot of options in FA. I suspect he'll be re-upped in the coming year to a modest contract. OTOH, Harvin could take over many of Rob's offensive duties in swing and flat passes and outlets, so the team dynamic is a bit fluid right now.

I doubt if any of those guys is going anywhere this year, maybe next.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• McQ can play every position on the line. MikeRob is untouchable this year. Lynch loves him. Maragos... not sure.
    It is what it is...
    nbk35zw
    NET Rookie

• Mike Rob isn't going anywhere. No way they entrust a rookie to be the primary lead blocker for Lynch, especially given the complexities of the team's blocking schemes. Plus, the dude is the captain and still produces.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Not only is Mike Rob an above average FB and great STer, his impact in the locker room is too valuable to let go.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• They cut Mike Rob, we riot on the spot.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• maybe we draft a brute of a running back to go on the practice squad and maybe 1 day supplant M-Rob, but no way is he a casualty, he's too important as a lead blocker for Marshawn
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• Less than zero percent chance that Michael Robinson isn't on the team in 2013, for all the aforementioned reasons and then some. McQuistan is in no jeopardy either. He's the Swiss Army knife of our OL, and frankly he's one of the five best O-linemen right now. If the season kicked off tomorrow, he'd be starting at one of the OL positions somewhere. A better bet would be Breno Giacomini, who is due an unguaranteed $3.5M in 2013. If the Hawks felt like they were to have gotten their long-term RT solution in this draft (such as a Terron Armstead or a Brennan Williams), that could make Breno expendable by moving McQuistan to RT for the 2013 season, upgrading the position by doing so, and allowing the new guy to apprentice for a year. I don't expect that to happen, but its certainly plausible. Maragos isn't guaranteed a spot, but any new guy would have to be once heck of a ST's guy to take his roster spot. I fully expect the Hawks to draft at least one CB in this draft, and that could precipitate the move of Byron Maxwell (another pure ST's guy who lacks legitimate NFL CB skills) to safety to compete with Maragos for a roster spot. Others I could potentially see fighting for their spot depending on how the draft goes include Anthony McCoy, John Moffitt, Clinton McDonald and Walter Thurmond.
    NorthDallas40oz
    NET Veteran

• M-Rob isn't going anywhere. Can't see McQuistan leaving either.

Maragos - yeah I suppose thats possible.

I posted it a few months ago, I could see the team drafting Brad Wing in the 7th round and having him compete with Ryan in TC/Preseason. Is it likely Ryan is cut? Doubtful.. but you never know.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Throwdown wrote:They cut Mike Rob, we riot on the spot.

Agreed! Mike Rob is essential to this team not only for his play on the field, but also to keep us fans entertained via The Real Rob Report.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Mike Rob should get a lifetime deal just for the RRR.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I hope Mike Rob is around for a long time, one way or another.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• We have no chemistry if the real rob report is out
    A World Peace
    NET Practice Squad

• I could see Margaros going, it's a deep draft at safety but someone's going to have to beat him out.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

• Don't see Maragos being let go either. I doubt they can find another safety in the draft that could adequately provide 1/10th of what ET does and Maragos provides about 3/10th of that.
    bloodkingg
    NET Practice Squad

• WestcoastSteve wrote:I could see Margaros going, it's a deep draft at safety but someone's going to have to beat him out.

Yeah, I could definitely see that. But unless they strike gold we'd have to carry 3 FS's so the new rookie could learn the role...it's a critical one to say the least.
    bloodkingg
    NET Practice Squad

• McQuistan earned his money, but I could see him being a target. Chris Maragos is making $1.3 million? Yeah, he's a pretty obvious target, IMO.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• kearly wrote:McQuistan earned his money, but I could see him being a target. Chris Maragos is making $1.3 million? Yeah, he's a pretty obvious target, IMO.

Oh yeah? Who's going to play free safety in the situation that Earl Thomas is injured? A rookie is going to be put into the defense which has Sherman and Browner jamming and Kam on the line watching read-options, TEs, and runs?
    bloodkingg
    NET Practice Squad

• bloodkingg wrote:
    kearly wrote:McQuistan earned his money, but I could see him being a target. Chris Maragos is making $1.3 million? Yeah, he's a pretty obvious target, IMO.

Oh yeah? Who's going to play free safety in the situation that Earl Thomas is injured? A rookie is going to be put into the defense which has Sherman and Browner jamming and Kam on the line watching read-options, TEs, and runs?

If Earl Thomas is injured, it won't matter who is back there.. there is going to be a huge drop off in talent.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Hasselbeck wrote:
    bloodkingg wrote:
    kearly wrote:McQuistan earned his money, but I could see him being a target. Chris Maragos is making $1.3 million? Yeah, he's a pretty obvious target, IMO.

If Earl Thomas is injured, it won't matter who is back there.. there is going to be a huge drop off in talent.

Yeah. I've always just been grateful for Maragos and the fact that he has the knowledge and speed to make it so we don't have to change our defense too much if ET is injured, he can be plugged into the same role. I just don't see any rookie being able to step into that role, but I could be wrong.
    bloodkingg
    NET Practice Squad

• sutz wrote:The thing is, "pure" fullbacks like M-Rob are kind of a rarity in today's game. Might be hard to find a rookie to come in and take his job. Plus, mny teams don't even use a FB, so he might not have a lot of options in FA. I suspect he'll be re-upped in the coming year to a modest contract. OTOH, Harvin could take over many of Rob's offensive duties in swing and flat passes and outlets, so the team dynamic is a bit fluid right now.

I doubt if any of those guys is going anywhere this year, maybe next.

I don't think Michael Robinson is going anywhere, but I'd love to see us bring in Zach Line out of SMU to groom behind Michael Robinson and that could make Robinson expendable in a couple of years. Of course... By then, we'll have won a Super Bowl and Michael Robinson would retire as a Seahawk, so no harm - no foul.
    firebee
    NET Veteran

• Denard Robinson seems like a great player to save cap space with. he could be the #3RB ont eh roster but fill in as the
    #3QB
    #5/6 WR
    #1/2 KR & PR
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• Two positions I'm sure they will draft are Linebacker and Running Back/Full back. First is to replace Leroy Hill and I guess there might be more than one linebackers drafted to compete for the spot. Second is whether they feel they need to have competition for ageing Mike Rob or if they feel they need a punt returner/third RB. A scat back will surely not compete with Mike Rob though.

I hope Mike Rob stays for this year but as always, there will be a surprise cut that we are not expecting...
    The Moment: Image
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

• I agree Mike Rob could be in trouble, at the very least they'll draft his replacement and use this as the transition year. That likely will happen at WR as well. I don't think Tate AND Rice go as you don't want too much change at that position for the QB's sake, but I suspect one or the other.
    TheWebHead
    NET Rookie

• bloodkingg wrote:Oh yeah? Who's going to play free safety in the situation that Earl Thomas is injured? A rookie is going to be put into the defense which has Sherman and Browner jamming and Kam on the line watching read-options, TEs, and runs?

Maragos is basically just a special teams player. I doubt he could stand in Thomas' shadow. All he does as ET insurance is be a guy with 4.4 speed. Obviously, you wouldn't kick Maragos to the curb for some 4.6 guy. If it's Maragos vs. some other 4.4 guy that looks decent, it's not like experience is going to factor much. Maragos hardly has any.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Robinson isn't going anywhere, catches passes out of the backfield, blocks for our RB's, special teams, you all forget what happened to our running game when Mack Strong retired and before Robinson was picked up and went through his learning curve. Real Fullbacks are getting more and more rare. A team that uses them frequently and one that can catch pases as well as be a standout leader and a special teams captain isn't waiting in the unemployment line to be tagged and inserted. So many underestimate the value till they are gone.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I would say if anyone leaves its because competition dictates it. Kam was the only "core" guy that I can think of that was eligible to be resigned.

The thing I find interesting is Mike Robs cap hit and what his contribution is. That guy is under paid.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• The Seahawks are going for a SB this year. You don't cut a player like Robinson when you are going for it like they are. His leadership and blocking skills are too vital to entrust to a rookie.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Mike Rob is our 'secret agent' 3rd string QB on gamedays... IMO He stays even if Seattle is hit by a big earthquake!!!

McQuistan and Maragos both are stop gaps who have made good. Still, both are also overdue an upgrade.

McCoy and McGrath seem to be the most replacable in this draft.
    kigenzun
    NET Starter

• Not M-Rob, he's a leader and is worth every penny.

McQuisten could be if we get an OT in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th.

Maragos could be if we draft another saftey or CB he will liekly be battling Maxwell, and a rookie CB/S for 1 roster spot.

What about Clemons? is he really safe with his giant salary?
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• With Clemons it all depends on how his injury heals. He could be placed in IR or even cut if its bad enough.. Hopefully he does not miss too many games. Despite the recent DE upgrades, he still is the best LEO in the team. He has been mad consistent!
    The Moment: Image
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

• Mike Rob will stay for sure. He is a great leader.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information