Who's a 1st round guy, you think will BUST

lukerguy

Reaction score
My number one guy is Cordarrelle Patterson.

I see better than Troy Williamson and a bit worse than Nate Bureleson. He will make plays in the open field on occasion, but isn't able to get off jams and has poor route running. I don't think his hands are special either. I hope an NFC west team takes him. If he's the first WR off the board in a strong class and comes away with average stats, I think that would constitute as a bust.

Another guy I really, really don't like is Kenny Vaccaro as a FS. He may make a better SS, but I don't think that's what he would be drafted to become. I've watched tons of tape on him, and he lost in slot coverage and don't have nearly the instincts of Thomas.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Dion Jordan.

Let's see if this sounds familiar:

"Athletically gifted. Elite size and speed. Sack/QB pressure statistics lacking. Was asked to cover more in college than rush the passer..."

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I'd pick a receiver, but receiver busts are just too easy to predict. See: Heyward-Bey.

Ezekiel Ansah. More and more, I just see linear athlete with him.

sainthawk29

Reaction score
MY I dislike more than you list. (1st round only)

1. DJ Fluker.... slow feet, the dominance of that o-line as a whole, hides alot of his weakeness.
2. Ziggy Ansah.... dissapeared in big games, only played 1.5 years of his 3 years at BYU. Don't possess great body control.
3. Jarvis Jones.... that spinal condition scares me..... a lot.
4. Tank Carradine.... good prospect, but is getting the numbers boost (ie Dontari Poe) will go much higher than he should.

My I like more that most list. (potential 1st round only)
1. Tavon Austin... he has the potential to be Percy Harvin special.
2. Lane Johnson... most atheletic T in the class
3. Alec Ogleetree... reminds me alot of Kam in a slightly bigger package.
4. Robert Woods... crisp route runner, great hands.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Alec Ogletree - He should be drafted to play outside, but if he's drafted to play MLB he'll struggle. Can't shed block to save his life.

sainthawk29

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":3r8k87me said:
Alec Ogletree - He should be drafted to play outside, but if he's drafted to play MLB he'll struggle. Can't shed block to save his life.

I agree, I do not consider Ogletree a MLB.

aawolf

Reaction score
If I had to pick one, I'd go with Ryan Nassib. I've not been first-round-flabergarsted impressed based on the tape I've seen. I think Geno and Barkley are much better QBs that are more pro-ready than Nassib. He will struggle if forced to start his rookie year. Same with EJ Manuel if he's drafted and forced to start (I think he would be a great backup though and the Eagles should take him to sit a year behind Vick in the second).

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sharrif Floyd, if drafted by the Raiders. Cordarelle Patterson will bust if not used correctly, imo.

Also, Dee Milliner.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2b1wz2z2 said:
I'd pick a receiver, but receiver busts are just too easy to predict. See: Heyward-Bey.

Ezekiel Ansah. More and more, I just see linear athlete with him.

I'll agree with Ansah and add Jordan. I think Star as well.

Heyward Bey? I'd hardly call him a bust. He shouldn't have gone in the first. Only Al Davus would make that pick. Lets see what he does with a real QB.

Subzero717

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2zws8z6k said:
Busts would be any QB selected.

I think it all depends on where any of them end up. Jacksonville dunso. Cleveland their odds of success are much better.

kearly

Reaction score
Many good choices. I think there are more landmines than good picks in the top 15. The "safest" pick to bust is Ansah, but since he's already been named I'll go with Barkevious Mingo.

I loved Bruce Irvin in the 2012 draft, but there isn't much that separates Irvin from "bust" status right now. He's walking a very tight line between stardom and struggles. Had he gone to a coaching staff that tried to make him into something he's not, he'd be screwed. Mingo is a more extreme case than Irvin and is less gifted athletically with less college production. He might do well as a 3-4 OLB, but as a 4-3 DE, he's likely going to suck.

Maelstrom787":1hz7g4wt said:
Also, Dee Milliner.

Dee Milliner is actually my #1 best player that's not an O-lineman. I think he's the most under-rated player in the top 15. Extremely similar to Joe Haden but better. Haden was considered a very safe pick that continued to be a star in the NFL.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
kearly":37ztdhrt said:
I loved Bruce Irvin in the 2012 draft, but there isn't much that separates Irvin from "bust" status right now. He's walking a very tight line between stardom and struggles. Had he gone to a coaching staff that tried to make him into something he's not, he'd be screwed. Mingo is a more extreme case than Irvin and is less gifted athletically with less college production. He might do well as a 3-4 OLB, but as a 4-3 DE, he's likely going to suck.

Funny, because in looking at Mingo, I rewatched a lot of Irvin tape. Irvin just seems so light years ahead of Mingo in side by side comparison that it's not funny.

In fact, I'm really kind of dumbfounded as to how generally pedestrian his speed has looked at this level. It's like he looks nothing like what he did in college. Obviously the competition is quicker too. But on most occasions, you'd never know they Irvin is the speed rusher by looking at his performances in Seattle.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I guess I'll go with the idea that Irvin hasn't yet shown his potential yet in the pros. Because right now, I'm not satisfied with how he's performed. I expected more from him.

Rat

Reaction score
Luke Joeckel

I don't think he's going to be a Robert Gallery type bust, but he'll be disappointing for a #1 overall pick, which will be compounded when Geno Smith becomes a great quarterback (while the Chiefs are stuck with Alex Smith). It'll be Jake Long ahead of Matt Ryan all over again, although to be fair, I had Matt Ryan pegged as a huge bust at the time.

Latest posts